Thursday, June 17, 2010

Product Review: Twill Bomber Jacket

Twill Bomber Jacket
Click here for product page
Item 22366
Regular: $128.00
Now: $89.99

J.Crew describes this take-flight jacket as the following:
Inspired by a vintage bomber jacket, with classic styling and authentic details (we're throwing it on over our daintiest of dresses for a tough, tomboy-chic edge). Specially washed with an antiqued finish, it's the piece that will slip into your closet and seem like it's been there forever. Cotton. Standing collar. Zip front with button-flap closure. Long sleeves. Welt pockets with snap closure. Functional snaps at cuffs. Fully lined. Hits at hip. Import. Machine wash.
When I first saw this jacket, I admit I was intrigued. But I knew if I waited long enough, I would snag one on sale. ;)

First, I love that this jacket is machine washable. What a lovely feature!!! Seriously, yey! :) The cotton is a nice material which isn't rough. It is also lined to the point wear I think it's a medium-weight jacket. Perfect for Spring and Fall's crisp nights.

What makes this jacket a must-have is the standing collar. The way the collar sits up in the back and falls in the front, instantly makes anyone look a bit cooler. ;)

This jacket comes in two shades: Wild Mushroom (aka: rich brown) and Fatigue. I choose the Fatigue and it definitely is a nice shade of moss green. It also has a soft wash look to it, so it feels like its been around for awhile (in a good way).

To close the jacket, you have to zip it up. There are buttons, but they are located at the top (two snap buttons) and the very bottom (one snap button). This is a bit odd for me. I would have liked snap buttons all the way down the jacket. Ah well!

When it comes to fit, I went with a size 0. It fits fine on my shoulders even though it is a bit boxy in the body. But it's not terribly boxy since the cotton elastic hem on the bottom keeps it all in check.

Lastly, the pockets. The jacket is full of pockets which are a nice have. Except for one thing, there is no where to comfortably put your hands. The two bottom pockets have this weird side pocket built in front of them. No adult hand can entirely fit in it, so what's the point of them? And its awkward putting your hand through the top slit of the bottom pocket with button closure.

For some more reviews & real life images, check out:
What are your thoughts on the Twill Bomber Jacket? Have you seen or own this jacket? If so, what is your review of the fabric & print? Would you recommend it to another fellow JCA?

11 comments:

  1. I own another similar jacket from JCrew 2007 that stiil sits in my closet unworn. This style is not for me! Or maybe I should just get mine out and wear it or give it to my sister. I find I wear other jacket styles much more;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it when it first came out and returned it right away. The fit was too boxy for me and it just didn't feel comfortable on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks quite ordinary to me. Wearable, but nothing special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the minority here--I really like this jacket. My PS paired it with the giant gingham shirt, and it looks great with that shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this jacket as well. I got it in the wild mushroom. I can see it working into fall, maybe paired with a nice buttondown, a pencil skirt and the Metropolitan boots in birch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I waited too long and had to search high and low. I found it in the fatigue, sized down, and LOVE it!! :) Thanks for the great review. You can also see Fashion Dork rocking it- http://momsafashiondork.blogspot.com/2010/02/j-crew-new-arrivals-lieutenant-jacket.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to history, the first bomber jackets were worn by military pilots during World Wars I and II, therefore the term, which was inspired by realistic elements of the time. Brown Leather Aviator Jacket Mens is fantastic; if you’re looking for something to buy, take a look at it; it’s Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much admin for uploading such amazing content with us your blog is really helpful for me. wish you all the best for upcoming comments. I am also wanted to write blog kindly guide me if my topic is 3d printing services in china then what should I do first and how will I create new and unique content on this topic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the Red Crab Juicy Seafood's delicious, dungeness crab legs and spicy Cajun boil Seafood!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)