Tuesday, June 15, 2010

J.Crew Spotted in Lucky Magazine

A big "thanks!" to Desert Flower & GingerSnap (of the lovely "GingerSnap's Daily Fashion Post" blog), who not only let us know about a J.Crew item being spotted in the recent issue of Lucky Magazine, but also scanned the image for us to view! (Click on the image to see it larger.)

The item featured is J.Crew's Marjorie Suede Ballet Flats (Item 13054; $98.00) in Black. J.Crew describes them as the following:
We were inspired by dance but designed these shoes for real life, so they're comfortable and practical as well as prim and pretty. Soft Italian suede upper with grosgrain trim and a sweetly tied bow at the toe—a classic ballet detail.
I think every lady should own a pair of black ballet flats to complete their wardrobe. The Marjorie Suede versions are fantastic to wear all-year round. They are like the "little black dress" for your feet!

I personally own a ridiculous amount of J.Crew's ballet flats. (I honestly could start my own store with how many I own!) So I feel like I am knowledgeable enough to state that J.Crew's ballet flats are not "comfortable". I have mentioned this before, but it's worth saying again: their ballet shoes are fantastic office shoes. (As in, you sit at your desk all day. Not to wear if you are on your feet often.)

What are your thoughts on J.Crew's Marjorie Suede Ballet Flats? Are there any pairs that you are currently interested from J.Crew? :)

7 comments:

  1. I own only one pair of J. Crew flats - although I do own plenty of their heels. I still haven't worn them as I need to stretch them out a bit across the toe box. They're very snug. If they are any indication, I don't think I'll buy anymore of their flats. The comfort I want isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on my feet so much at work that if I am going to wear flats, they have to be comfortable. Whereas I can go all day in their heels, J.Crew's flat have never worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just cleaning out my shoes closet and realized how many JC ballet flats I had but since you've got quite a collection, Alexis, I'm not feeling quite as bad. ;-P
    There's a pair of metallic pewter Bari ballet flats I refuse to throw away until I find it's exact replacement...

    Some styles are a bit too snug on my wide feet (especially the patent leather ones) but generally after you break in they're pretty comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, J. Crew flats are adorable. For comfort, though, I've had good luck with Coach and Cole Haan flats. I recently walked all over Manhattan in my Coach ballet flats, and they worked great.

    I would love, love to see J. Crew team up with Cole Haan for a line of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep trying the Crew's ballet falts but have yet to find a pair that works for me---at least recently. I have a pair from a few years ago that fit fine, TTS. However, over the last few years they have either been too narrow, too long, or too tight. I've tried sizing up to no avail. My husband has become so exasperated that he wrote a note that is stuck next to our compuer monitor" "Do not order any more ballet flats from J.Crew."

    It's too bad because I really like the styles, colors, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with DrDrama. I need *comfortable* work shoes. There are some days that I'm in the office all day, but more often I'm traveling around Manhattan, via foot and subway, carrying a laptop and/or lots of paperwork. If I can't comfortably walk a few miles in them, they aren't practical for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one pair of JCrew ballet flats and they are very cute and quite uncomfortable. I really like Tory Burch Revas for flats. I have one pair of Jcrew heels, I paid full price ($250) and they aren't very comfortable either, but very cool looking. But I won't buy shoes from JC anymore because they are too uncomfortable for the price.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)