Tuesday, July 31, 2012

J.Crew Store Location Series {Dallas, Texas}

*Image above is from Paperless Post, found through NYC Recessonista's post

A big "thanks!" to GigiOfCa {of the delightful Gigi's Gone Shopping blog} who came up with a brilliant suggestion for a series of post: a city guide where JCAs can suggest which J.Crews to shop at.

This post will focus on Dallas, Texas! With so many stores in the area, it might be too much to visit them all. So if you are a local, or a knowledgeable tourist, please share what stores a fellow JCA has to visit!

Feel free to share other tidbits of advice. For example... What are your top three spots? Are there certain stores that should be avoided at certain times of the day/ week? Are there stores that have a better selection than others? Which stores have the best sale offerings?

Which J.Crew brick & mortar (B&M) stores {in the Dallas area} should an out-of-towner shop at? Which stores should be avoided? Please share! :)

8 comments:

  1. Of the ones that I have been to, I particularly like the one at the Dallas Galleria. They seem to have the most selection (handbags, shoes, jewelry) and the largest sale section. The one at Willow Bend has a limited stock, but great SAs. The outlet in Allen is alright, but I don't typically shop at the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the outlet at Grapevine Mills. The girls that work there are super sweet and always helpful. As for regular J.Crew-I totally agree with Willow Bend, but Stonebriar isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stonebriar location has closed. :( Willow Bend is now the closest location for us out in the northern suburbs. I really like that location and love the SA's, but the Galleria and North Park locations are larger and carry a broader selection. I also shop the Allen outlet -- SA's there are friendly and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always felt that the Northpark location was too picked over and the SAs there have always been overly curt. The Galleria location is larger and the staff is nicer, although the entire mall in general seems to be on the decline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Southlake location and the outlet at Grapevine Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Telly about the Northpark location. Super picked over and the employees are incredibly unhelpful. Rude, even.

    I'm sad the Stonebriar location closed — it was the Dallas area's "sale" store. According to an SA who worked there, it received some of the items from other area stores, and thus had the largest selection of stuff on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Northpark store was where I was shopping FS some years ago and had a stack of goodies, including a $10 bauble ring. They asked if I wanted to hold everything at the counter and I said yes. While I was trying something on, an SA sold the ring to another customer, despite the fact that the pile of items had a note on them to hold. I walked out without making a purchase and haven't really been a JCA since. I guess I never really have gotten over it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Galleria is better ... NorthPark is always busy. Oh & Billy @ Galleria is really nice & helpful. Southlake is ok ... I think there is a new store in Arlington. How could I forget about Willow Bend {Plano/Frisco area} is a pretty nice store too & you can visit IKEA afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)