Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cosabella Now Available at J.Crew Stores!

"Thanks!" to so many of you, including Marietta & Belle de jour (in this post), who let us know about J.Crew's latest partnership. In particular, "thanks!" to CMG (in this post) who shared the following:
Also my b&m has started selling Cosabella lace bikini underwear for 19.00. As Whoopi Goldberg would say, "What the hell!". I asked the SA about them, but she started explaining that Cosabella is a fancy brand of underclothes. Umm, I'm familiar with the brand. My question is why here? Are the underwear exclusive j crew colors? She didn't know. Strange. I guess if you're in a hurry to buy an outfit you can get it all at except the bra at the b&m. Maybe you can find an Essie lacquer to match the underwear, no? Lol!
Back in the day, J.Crew offered an intimates line for the ladies under their name. I am not sure why they decided to discontinue it.

It's interesting to see that they are teaming up with Cosabella (click here) now. It's even more interesting that they are showing up in regular brick & mortar stores, as oppose to their specialty stores (like their Bridal Boutique in NYC).

Have you seen Cosabella at your local J.Crew? What are your thoughts on the line? Do you think this is a good partnership for J.Crew to expand to?

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE cosabella so I am thrilled but have not seen it at my local store yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Cosabella, but they're not all that, and I will no longer pay $19 for a thong. The old JC undies were really nice--had some good no-show mesh thongs that were nicer and more substantial than Cosabella IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was not Mickey's jcrew when jcrew had its own undies. New Jcrew doesn't like old jcrew, but I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You only need to partner up with other brands when your own brand is lacking. Or sequin that sh*t up so no one notices what garbage you're pushing. Like they sang in the Broadway hit, "Chicago", "Razzle dazzle" them...

    Go back to being cute J.Crew, because when you're trying to be all couture and snooty, you're like a kid that gets picked last for the kickball team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go for some nice basic cotton like they used to have. Forget the lacy, (itchy) stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember J Crew selling undies. Actually I remember Banana Republic having some great ones too about the same time.

    I really wish J Crew would stop going off on some many tangents and get back to making nice, every day work and casual clothing that is the quality they used to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i too miss the days when jcrew + banana republic stocked awesome, non-itchy underwear.

    cosabella is not the replacement i was hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe their models will teach us that we can wear it outside of out clothes. I mean, it isn't that far fetched of an idea, is it? J.Crew will tout that as "the new IN thing in Paris you'll be proud to wear".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when JC used to sell those nice undies and bras. I actually have some from back then.

    I agree with Anon @1:40am and Christy.

    Do you think maybe these partnerships are for the people that actually work for JC? You know how much employee discount they get so it's much more affordable for them? Just my 2 cents..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't get it? Why are they selling undies,nail polish, baby sunscreen and $80 kids sunglasses???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also remember (and LOVED) BR's pima cotton undies. They were absolutely perfect, and I've yet to find a suitable replacement (I've even splurged on Hanro).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cosabella sucks and it's way too expensive for thin, chitnzy mesh underwear. I am not a fan at all. I have one or two pairs that I found at TJ Maxx for $1 or $2 on clearance but that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore Cosabella, but I wouldn't pay full price. I prefer to stalk Century 21, department store sale racks and occasionally ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahah I still wear some of my bras from back in the day j crew. that is so awful for several reasons! they are lace demi-style underwire bras.

    i wish j crew hadn't gotten rid of their underwear.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)