Tuesday, June 29, 2010

J.Crew's 9th Sample Sale {going on now!}

As mentioned previously (refer to the "J.Crew's 9th Sample Sale {is it 9? I am starting to lose track!}" post) ClothingLine (click here) is currently hosting yet another J.Crew sample sale in NYC.

This sale started this week! For the event's days/hours:
Monday, June 28th (10 am - 7 pm)
Tuesday, June 29th (10 am - 7 pm)
Wednesday, June 30th (10 am - 7 pm)
Thursday, June 31st (10 am - 7 pm)

What to expect at J.Crew's latest sample sale:
- for Men, Women, & Kids
- limited assortment for Men

- limited availability in crewcuts

- summer apparel, footwear, swim & jewelry

- huge selection of Women's swimwear, beach dresses, sandals & flip flops

- mostly stock


- The fitting room will be closed for the duration of this sale. Footwear try-ons only.


- Our entrance and selling floor closes 10 minutes prior to close of store.

The location for the event is:
Clothingline | SSS Sample Sales
261 W 36th Street
(between 7th & 8th Ave)
2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018

Will you be attending this latest sample sale? If you are, please let us know! If you could also share any information (e.g. merchandise selection, quantity, prices), it would be greatly appreciated. :)

5 comments:

  1. I went yesterday. There are less samples and more stock than usual. They have lots of silk tops (Kelsey, laporte, twyla etc) for $35 and los of white long sleeved Frences. Flower embroided tops are $35 as well. Lots of knit dresses too. Minnies are $50 but mostly size 4. I spotted a pair of curator pant (size 6) also for $50. In the shoes department they have a lot of capris for $20. I scored a pair of cairo studded capri. Other flats and sandals are $65. They have very few heels and no driving mocs. Cashmere is more expensive than in stores.
    All in all worth it if you are looking for soldout sale items from the current season. If you go lookup all the prices on the website first as some are cheaper on the website. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Men's selection is terrible. If you're a guy, or shopping for your guy, just don't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went on Monday morning. In shoes, they also had a lot of Reese sandals, both studded and plain, for $65. A good deal since these are still regular price online; just check the shoes aren't damaged though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went this morning when they opened and I found some amazing deals on shoes! They had a whole section of "samples" that were $25! Mostly size 7 but fantastic selection of ballet flats, sandals and heels. I bought a few too many.

    I also found a sequin boatneck top with the retail tags on for only $20.

    Typical dress selection.

    Oh and I could I forget the swimwear!!!!!!!! $10 on tops and bottoms. Great selection on all sizes especially D cup tops which can be tricky to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went this evening around 6:30pm, no line to get in, but plenty of people inside. They must've gotten a new shipment because the racks were very full and there was a large selection of Special Occasion dresses ($65 - a great deal).

    Once inside, I headed immediately for the jewelry section and picked up a necklace from last season that looks like this season's "Crystal steps necklace". Orig tag said $98, I got it for $25. They has other similar necklaces and I kick myself for not buying the "Prism necklace" for $25.

    In clothing, I got the "Forever Cardigan" size small in light pink for $35 (orig $89.50), the "Checkered puckered shift dress" in size 2 in a dark grey for $45 (orig $150), as well as the "Pretty ruffles jersey dress" in size small in pink for $45 (orig $88). All of these items still had store tags on them and were brand new.

    Since I only had about 30 minutes to shop, I felt very rushed, so am planning to go back tomorrow. I've been to the last few sales, and this one I think is actually worth it. I saw the room with shoes, but have no idea what their selection is like (I am size 9).

    Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)