Tuesday, October 21, 2008

J.Crew Stores: Email Sharing Promotion :)

"Thanks!" to an anonymous member of the blog who let us know that J.Crew is starting a new e-mail campaign today to get customers who have not shared their email address, to share it. :)

When checking out at the store's register, J.Crew asks for your email. J.Crew will offer a "10% off your next purchase" code if you share your email address. This offer lasts for a limited time.

Also, "thanks!" to kate! (in this post), who shared with us her experience: "I just went to my B&M and picked up a lot of the new sale sweaters... they gave me a card after i gave them my e-mail and the card says "J Crew you're offcially on the list... Now you'll be one of the first to know about new arrivals, online exclusives, special offers and more. And as a special thanks for sharing your email address, please enjoy 10% off your next in-store purchase." Then has a bar code and has the normal exemptions. The SA also told me you get one everytime you give your e-mail (every purchase)".

I think the code is a great incentive to get customers to share their email. :)

18 comments:

  1. Yay!

    Is the website down for everyone else, too?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! The website was running okay for me five minutes ago. But I also know first hand that it sometimes did not work for me, but did work for others. I found that sometimes, using a different internet browser would work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Alexis! For some reason it's working in IE for me now, just not in firefox...I'm always scared that my work has decided to block it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy: That happens to me too! J.Crew won't open in Firefox, but will work in IE just fine. It's so weird! ;) But I am happy to hear you are now able to access J.Crew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexis: I agree that this promotion is a good incentive...hope we see many, many more of them in the future! (I have a feeling we will).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy...it's not working for me either. I'm in Safari. It comes up with some "execution failed" msg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great promotion! Way to go j.crew :) I agree with FFM...this is a step in the right direction as far as promotions go. Let's hope we see many more in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to what everyone else is saying! Hooray for J Crew!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went from getting no emails to getting double of everything!

    OT: Ordered from site a couple of days ago. Actually received a valid UPS tracking # today! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good idea with the promotion. I hope J. Crew continues with these.

    The web site is definitely not working in Firefox. I get an error message too: JSP_EXECUTION_FAILED.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been getting that JSP error message in Firefox all day, but IE is opening the JC website fine. If anyone finds out what the problem is, please do post it here (forget Google for answers - this was the first place I came to investigate the problem!)

    FSW

    ReplyDelete
  12. FSW-
    Same with me FF-same error.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will someone tell me what B&M stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lauren! B&M stands for "Brick and Mortar" stores in general. It's just a quick way for some of us to refer to J.Crew's physical stores as oppose to their online commerce site. I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! Every time I read it, I know what you mean, but not what it stands for. It makes so much sense. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I received a 10% off coupon yeaterday at my B&M for giving them my email address, the card says it is valid until November 30, 2008. I used it already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. J.Crew Stonestown is offering additional 50% off sale items today (nov. 4) and tomorrow (nov. 5) only!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does anyone know how to fix the problem with my JCRew site not opening in Firefox lately? It used to work fine and suddenly no photos load. Thanks if you know the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)