Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Madewell Email: Step to it (+ J.Crew loves it too)

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Ketan, who shared the following email from Madewell this morning.

The email features the Oxford Slingback (Item 36754; $228.00) which are described as "slide them on, lace them up and enjoy the understated cool of these half oxfords, half sandals".

Considering the massive snow storm expected to hit New England today, I cannot even consider a shoe that exposes a toe or two. ;)

Even more interesting is that Madewell is promoting them by stating "As Seen on JCrew.com". J.Crew owns Madewell, so of course they are a bit biased. ;) Maybe there are some Madewell customers who do not know the relationship between the two stores. In all fairness, I didn't know that Anthropologie was a part of Urban Outfitters when I first started shopping there.

What are your thoughts on Madewell's Oxford Slingback? Do you like their heels? Are you wearing yours year round?

8 comments:

  1. I never knew that Madewell was owned by J.Crew! Cool, since I adore both brands. And those shoes are the prefect preppy sandal for spring!

    http://southerngirlydiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it. Take a turkey. Take duck. Take a chicken and call it a Turducken. But really. Those shoes are seriously confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for the record, when boy meets girl, they grow up and make cute babies. Make cute clothing j.crew. Don't show me an example of what happens when two male horses breed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth: Madewell is the baby of J.Crew's CEO Mickey Drexler. He has a lot riding on Madewell's success so it will definitely be around for awhile. :)

    Christy: LOL! Too funny. ;)

    Heidi: I am so jealous of your weather right now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Madewell (and made great use of that 20% promo) but the shoes are totally not my style.

    Loved Christy's comments though lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those shoes. Kinda cute. I am not a huge fan of slingbacks, but I like the ones that have the elastic back and you don't have to buckle in any way. As far as open toe shoes, I've worn mine more in the cold weather than I ever guessed I would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sort of OT but decided not to use my 20% off Madewell code. There's still a few hours left; I hope someone will be able to make use of it! MWCRZS4T5

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)