Friday, January 7, 2011

Lulu Frost for J.Crew Is Here


"Thanks!" to so many of you who shared the latest partnership with J.Crew. As many of you have noticed in the last update of new arrivals, J.Crew has teamed up jewelry designer Lulu Frost. The following is a brief article from Time Magazine (click here to read in its entirety) about the collaboration:
First Look | Lulu Frost for J.Crew
By Edward Barsamian

December 14, 2010


“Who doesn’t love jewelry?” asks Marissa Webb, the head of women’s design at J. Crew. “Jewelry is the perfect accessory to dress up or down any look or add a girly element to a more utilitarian, rugged look.” Building on the success of previous guest collections by designers like Fenton Fallon and Miriam Haskell, J.Crew sought out Lisa Salzer of Lulu Frost for the next collaboration on its list. (“I’m a huge Lulu Frost fan and even have pieces stashed in my purse for a fashion emergency,” Webb confesses.)


Known for her estate piece aesthetic, Salzer and her team put a vintage twist on modern designs — 10k gold necklaces, bracelets and earrings with handmade chains and antique glass crystals. The pieces are available just in time for the holidays — not to mention all of those holiday parties.


Lulu Frost for J. Crew collection, available at J.Crew stores and at jcrew.com.
I have seen some of the pieces of the Lulu Frost for J.Crew collection (click here to shop online) and must admit they are quite lovely! There is something very beautiful about them. They also seem like a good match for J.Crew's jewelry offering.

What are your thoughts on the collaboration between Lulu Frost and J.Crew? Do you own any of the pieces? If so, please share! :)

9 comments:

  1. Not a fan of JCrew jewelery. I think for the price my experience has been disappointing in the quality and durability. I pass. Others who like it; glad you do but not for me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be curious to hear from Marissa Webb how you can dress down an outfit wearing jewelry. Nonsense.
    As for the collection it is pretty but for the price I prefer the regular Jcrew jewelry, in paeticular the Venus necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's one of the Lulu Frost bracelets that I think is so pretty but someone here said it was kinda cheap feeling. I think the pieces are really pretty, but if they're not well made or seem cheap, then they're not worth the price and I never see the collaborations get marked down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually wear costume jewelery and have zero interest in this collection. Strangely enough the only costume jewelery piece I wear regularly is J.Crew's giraffe bead necklace from a few years ago. A friend gave it to me so I feel obligated to wear it and it is nice, but I never would have bought it myself.

    I did buy the stone beads necklace in the tiger eye because I just like handling the beads and watching the light play off them. No plans to wear it though, the brown colors won't work for my skin tone, it is just a toy. I'd much rather save up to buy a few precious metal/stone pieces, but I'm not the blingy type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I'm wearing the Lulu snow buckle bracelet. It's very beautiful and well made. It's heavy and frankly, made for a small wrist. My husband had to put it on me and it wasn't easy. I was going to try and get a small extender, but he was able to get it on. If I got the extender the bracelet would slide down to the underside of my wrist because the buckle is heavy. This bracelet is definitely a statement piece.

    I also received the Lulu bracelet that looks like a snowflake. I ended up returning it because compared to the snow buckle it seemed cheap. It was much lighter and the metal wasn't as nice. I didn't feel that particular piece was worth the over $100 price tag.

    I was/am interested in some of the other bracelets from the collection but feel a little weary that the quality will be similar to the bracelet I returned. I'm hoping my local B&M gets some in so I can see if I'd like to purchase them-unless other JCA can comment on quality.

    I did a review on my blog if anyone is interested.

    www.hollylovescrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I immediately returned the Heirloom Oval Blitz bracelet. The design is really pretty but I was really disappointed by the poor quality of the chain and finish. The nickel plating was already starting to chip off and the chain felt like it was plastic. Glad to hear that there's better luck with the buckle bracelet though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: fashion emergency that suddenly requires putting on jewelry -- well, am out w friends & one suggested acguy who has to put his wedding ring on in a hurry. Humph. Noone a JCA would know, n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I own the Crescent Moon Bracelet and the Heirloom Oval Blitz Bracelet and I love them both. They are small, but I think the quality is good, and I get compliments every time i wear them. I also bought the Vintage Deco Sunray Necklace for my mom, and it is funky and delicate at the same time, also well-made. I recommend this collection for something unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just posted this in another thread but if anyone has seen pants like the ones Marissa is wearing in this photo I am dying to find them! darashapiro(at)gmail

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)