J.Crew's Jenna Lyons and Marissa Web share their advice on the 5 tricks that will wake up your wardrobe. Of course, J.Crew items are scattered throughout the page. The advice includes:
The advice is solid for the most part (still not convinced the romper is a wise fashion choice) and it is a fun read. What I find super interesting is that J.Crew is pushing for both Ms. Lyons and Ms. Webb in the press.
- Try classics with a twist. "Balance effortlessness with polish. I like an embellished sweater– it can have an easy feel and still be special. Wear it with jeans or evening shorts!" —Jenna
- Dress up laid back pieces. "Make your clothes work double-duty. Take a fun, warm weather romper and pair it with a glam necklace and tights." —Jenna
- Take a break from basic black. "A pop of color or even chic gray or camel can switch up your look. Slip on a light lace jacket– it works now or later!" —Marissa
- Work casual jewelry. "Jewelry is the easiest thing to help you break out of a rut. Pile on colorful, earthy bracelets. They add personality to what ever you're wearing!" —Marissa
- Go for bold heels. "Try a statement shoe with a medium heel– the details are what makes it sexy! We love high heels, but it's important to choose styles you can run around in." —Jenna
What are your thoughts on the wardrobe tricks? Do you like the advice shared? Do you enjoy seeing Ms. Lyons and Ms. Webb together? :)