Friday, January 7, 2011

J.Crew Email: Our Fifth Avenue store is getting a makeover

"Thanks!" to Marietta, Roxy, & J, who shared the following news with us.

Starting January 8th, J.Crew's Fifth Avenue store (in New York City) is temporarily closing while it undergoes a complete makeover. J.Crew plans to reopen the store in late February.

What to expect when they come back:
  • an even bigger selection of our women's collection
  • a new third floor for our men's collection
  • and the exciting addition of our crewcuts for kids collection
Here's to hoping that the new space will look even better than before! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hoping for a big change! The 5th Ave store is the one closest to my home and I have been consistently underwhelmed with their staff so I tend the avoid the store at all costs. I guess others were too?

    I think they could learn a thing or two from the Madison Ave/45th St store where the staff is consistently pleasant, helpful and easy to come by when you have questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing... if anybody stops by the store today, would you kindly comment on the selection? I'm assuming they're shipping out most of the inventory but I'm still the tiniest bit tempted to stop by on my way home and see what's going on with their sale merchandise. They don't typically have an abundance of sale offerings so I'm not sure it's worth trekking in a snowstorm... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dara: I know what you mean! I have visited the 5th Avenue store a few times, and *each* time I do the staff ignores me (almost to the point where I am invisible to them). However, I will give them credit in that I have seen the staff give exceptional service to one or two customers in the store (who just happen to look like they could buy the entire store in one swipe of their platinum credit card). ;)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)