Thursday, September 3, 2009

Crewcuts: Are You a Critter Club Member?

A big "thanks!" to Lin (in this post), who let us know about a program at J.Crew's Crewcuts (click here).

She shared the following: "i was shopping crewcuts about 2 months ago and upon check out, they gave me "critter club" card - which is kind of a reward card. you spend $75 and then they gave you a stamp on the card. after a certain amount of stamps, then you can redeem your card for 25% off all your crewcuts purchase... i just looked at the card again and it's min. $100 not $75 for 1 stamp (sorry!) and you need 5 stamps for redemption ...the card doesn't have any expiration date".

I have not heard of this program before so I really appreciate Lin sharing with us. I am not sure if this is a brick & mortar (B&M) only promotion, or if customers can apply online purchases as well (e.g. bring an online receipt to a store and have an associate stamp the card).

Also, this sounds like a great customer-reward program created by Crewcuts. If only they had something similar for the regular J.Crew line—I would be all over it! ;)

Have you heard of the Crewcuts' Critter Club? Are you a card member? What are your thoughts on this program (do you love or l-o-v-e it)?

Mini Update: "Thanks!" to Sophie (in this post) who shared the following additional details: "Actually, the new policy as of about a month ago is that you get a stamp with any Crewcuts purchase - there is no minimum dollar amount that you have to spend! Also, the critter club card does not apply to online purchases - only purchases made in store. Hope this helps!"

7 comments:

  1. I don't shop Crewcuts, so I hadn't heard of it. If regular J Crew had that...omg, I'd be all over it.

    In my dreams, I have a feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info...I hadn't heard of this before. Too bad there isn't a Crewcuts at my B&M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be awesome for me, since I have 3 children. I have never heard of it though. I'll need to ask about this when I go to Crewcuts next time. I bought a lot of CC this fall since my youngest are switching to public school this year, I really coulda used this last month...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to use this, but alas, the nearest Crewcuts is in a neighboring state! I'm not sure I'm their demographic though, as I only buy on sale and generally am still careful about the pieces I choose (the kids are getting pickier about clothes as they get older). I still think that to fill the entire card, I would probably be looking at a span of 3 years to do so...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, the new policy as of about a month ago is that you get a stamp with any Crewcuts purchase - there is no minimum dollar amount that you have to spend! Also, the critter club card does not apply to online purchases - only purchases made in store. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie: Thank you so much for the additional info. I went ahead and updated the post with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just spent $30 at my B&M Crewcuts and did not get a stamp. The person next to me spent $350 and also no card or stamps were mentioned. This was a week ago. Maybe they are piloting it at a few stores....

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)