Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Questionable Item of the Week: Jeweled Chino Short

Jeweled Chino Short
Click here for product page
Regular: $88.00
Item 15024

A big "thanks!" to Crewbie who suggested these shorts for a "Questionable Item of the Week" post. ;)

Described as "a supersoft and lovingly broken in style with a frayed hem, brilliantly dressed up with jewel details", these shorts seem all wrong (in my opinion). I mean, cut-offs AND jeweled? It just seems like a weird combination.

And the "jeweled details" are completely random on the front of the shorts. I would be constantly brushing them off, thinking they were crumbs or something. At least the jewels on the back seem "planned". (Although, how comfortable is it when it comes to sitting? Also, how secure are those jewels? Would a few sittings loosen them?)

Lastly, the price tag ($88) for these cut-offs (that's right! cut-offs!) seem expensive to me.

Do you think I am being overly-critical? What are your thoughts on these shorts? Would you buy it or leave it at the store? Have you see this first hand, and if so, what are your impressions?

Quick Poll: Do you like the Jeweled Chino Short?

22 comments:

  1. These are just awful. I love J.Crew but there is NO EXCUSE for these shorts. We are not in the early 1990s anymore, and even if we were, I wouldn't wear these "be-dazzled" shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedazzle much? Wait...Bedazzle *and* frayed? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They would go perfect with my acid washed demin jacket and my banana clip side ponytail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do the 3" shorts anyway, so problem solved for me. But I just don't think this is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. way too pricey for shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like they were made for pre-teens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 16 year old self would love these. But, ten years older, I can't justify wearing something bedazzled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh come on, I just received these in my latest JCrew order! You guys don't like them? All joking aside, I'd take these w/the cute flap pocket, even the small fraying, if they made them w/o the jewels and worn-out spots. Some of those jewels are hanging by a thread. I really like the little pockets as an update to the regular chino shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They seem a little trashy to me. The jewels are placed so random. I bet these will sell out - to 14 & 15 year olds. Oh wait - they can't afford them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah ... seriously what were they thinking?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL Penny! And Lula Mae took the words right out of my mouth. No excuse...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also saw these at the collection store---hideous. Michael's project mess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1984 called. They want their shorts back. IMMEDIATELY.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Gigi, I think I could handle the bedazzling if it weren't for the fraying too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're kind of cute, but in a Crew Cuts way...

    These are totally not cougary enough for me.

    (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. These shorts are so....trifflin'!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that Alexis, "I'd brush my pants thinking they were crumbs." This is very like "I just went to sleepaway camp and bedazzled my shorts." And $88?

    ReplyDelete
  18. these were so unappealing to me, I asked myself if they were some really avant garde art form that I was just too plebian to appreciate....so I dug deep into my psyche....but I still did not like them.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)