Thursday, May 21, 2009

Madewell Email: All the single ladies love...

Madewell sent an email featuring their Ex-Boyfriend Jeans. The jeans are described as "worn, torn, and perfectly broken-in- this is one pair you'll want to keep around" and retails for $95. Although the jeans work for the model in the email image above- I am not sure if the tapered, rolled-up leg, and torn look would work for me. Moreover, I would feel uncomfortable paying close to $100 for any pair of worn, torn, & broken-in jeans, let alone these.

Other items styled on the model include the Timeworn Tank ($38), Embroidered Panel Scarf ($58), Cardigan Vest ($54), Cardigan Vest ($54), Minin Stud Belt ($42), and the Strappy Summer Sandal ($98). What is interesting is the Cardigan Vest- I remember rockin' the vest look during the early 90's (remember Blossom?) ;) Is that a look that is coming back now?

Lastly, Madewell is letting us know that they are now on Twitter (http://twitter.com/madewell1937).

What are your thoughts on Madewell's Ex-Boyfriend Jeans? What are your thoughts on the Cardigan Vest? Are either of these looks going to last beyond the summer, or is this just the latest trend (that will come and go)?

4 comments:

  1. I thought that Madewell was supposed to be for the youngsters with less money. $58 for a scarf is not what I would call affordable. Of course when I was a teen my allowance was about $15 a week, I know times have changed.
    As for the jeans, I am with you Alexis, for $100 I would like my jeans sans rips and holes. I will call her look homeless chic, I am too old to pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a similar pair of Ann Taylor Loft Boyfriend jeans ($44) that someone here recommended. They are soft, comfortable and I like how they look rolled up, but I am not sure about the rips.

    I think they'd look great with a plain tshirt and flip flops, however, my 13-year old daughter has ripped, cuffed jeans. At 41, am I too old for this look?

    Considering that I've been driving around with these jeans in the bag, in my trunk for 2 weeks, I think I already know the answer to this question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny: I am happy to hear that I am not the only one thinks the pants for the price seems expensive. :) Also, I am with you on Madewell. Madewell is suppose to be for the younger crowd and cheaper- but I don't really see that either. ;)

    JCK: Too funny about the jeans in the bag of your car's trunk! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto on madewell not being affordably priced. well, i do know some high school kids in our youth group who like shopping there, but they are definitely not in the "affordably priced" category. they are way better dressed than i am :D

    as far as the jeans and outfit go, i wasn't too excited about it when it came in my inbox. the look is just a little too manufactured worn-in for me. maybe just one of the items paired with other things?

    off-topic, but i stopped by jcrew yesterday and their plastic tortoise-shell & giraffe patterned headbands were $1.99 :) snagged one of those, plus a ruffle tissue cardigan.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)