Wednesday, November 5, 2008

J.Crew Gift Gurus {tell me more}

On certain pages where items have been sold out, for example the Kingston suede driving mocs (Item 90372; $128.00 ), J.Crew has inserted a special message in red text. The text reads: "We're sorry. This item has been so popular, it has sold out. We've got lots of great gift ideas, just ask our Gift Gurus, 800 562 0258."

As any J.Crew Aficionada knows (if not stores on their cell phone), that phone number is J.Crew's regular customer service line. I am curious who are the "gift gurus" at J.Crew- are they regular customer service representatives, or personal shoppers? Also, what kinds of services do they provide?

Have you called (or are you planning to) for J.Crew's "gift gurus"? If you have already, please share with us more about J.Crew's new service. :)

10 comments:

  1. They are probably caling them Gift Gurus to get ready for the holidays.

    Makes sense, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that gift gurus are store employees who help you with Holiday shopping. I suppose it's similar to the personal shopper

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the name 'gift guru' is some smart marketing on J.Crew's part. I agree that most likely these are personal shoppers and staff to help out, but it's still smart to attach a name to name it that's special.

    I hope that someone buys me something using the gift guru. Just hope it's better than this past summer's "The Love Guru"; that movie stunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is just a gimmick. I bet all employees had a brief 5 minute gift guru training!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with J Crew Guy. Honestly, anyone can be a gift guru.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see this in action. I think the employees are great, but the Aficionadas here knows more about color names and product names than any associate I've come into contact with in b&m. I think the SAs get a 'quiz' or two and everything in their first weeks. You think they'd be more knowledegable since J Crew bothers to give such cute names to most items. I guess they can't be bothered if they don't want to be a lifer with the Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gurus are just regular jcrew callcenter employees.
    they put us through about 3 hours of product knowledge training for the christmas lineup...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonym@2:04 was right then!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)