Monday, September 8, 2008

J.Crew Grand Opening: See you tomorrow in Reston...

A big "thanks!" to Kater who shared with us J.Crew's latest email reminding us about the J.Crew opening in Reston, VA tomorrow. (Kater originally let us know about this store opening in the Aug 28th "J.Crew Grand Opening In Reston, VA" post).

I thought for sure that the residents of the Reston, VA area would receive a promotional offer of some sort (like offering $25 off $125+ purchase which J.Crew has done for other recent stores grand opening and even first anniversaries.) On a bright note, I am thrilled for the residents of Reston to have a brand new J.Crew opening in their area. (I just love walking around the store and taking in the new merchandise and the displays- there is something calming about browsing through a J.Crew!) :)

Update: "Thanks!" to Anonymous at 4:32PM and Sarah (in this post) who let us know that Reston residents may have received J.Crew's recent catalog with a coupon for $25 off $150+ to be used at the new Reston, VA store. :)

7 comments:

  1. Alexis, for those living in the area and are lucky enough to receive a catalog recently, you should all be receiving an insert with a $25 gift card for purchases of $150 or more. This is good until Sept. 22, 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a September catalog over the weekend with a $25 coupon for purchased over $150 for Reston, as anon said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OT: Can anyone tell me what is so great about the french market tees? I don't have a store nearby so ordering online is my only way.....I just don't get the fashionation with them???? What am I missing??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous at 4:32PM & Sarah: Thank you so much for letting me know that the residents did receive something special! That is wonderful!!! :)

    Anonymous at 5:20PM: I do own a couple of the french market tees. Although they are very light and flimsy, they are very nice to wear. I really do adore the ones I own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't recall receiving any sort of promotion for the grand openings in NYC . . . Maybe it's because of the fact that there's about 20 J.Crews here already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is no where near me but I am obsessed with the coat and belt combo in the post. **Drooooool**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I live 30 miles away on the opposite side of the county, I too received my new September catalogue in today's mail with a very unexpected $25 off $150 purchase at the new South of Market store. It won't go to waste!

    Also, on another note, I was not that thrilled with the Berry Trimmed Astrid jacket. Tried it in blue, tried it in charcoal, it just didn't do it for me. In the catalogue and online, the design looks intriguing and unique. But up close and personal, the applique berry trim just looks cheap and impractical. I can't really wear it to work, and even wearing it out casually is tough. The applique looks like an elementary student cut it out with unsharpened scissors and glued it on. I will admit that the tailoring is fantastically svelte for a petite figure. But at $248, it's just not enough. I love the idea, so maybe J.Crew will think of different detailing for this style next year...

    I do, however, love the Pique Andrea jacket in Bright Rhubarb which I ordered in petite. Fits like a glove and is the most elegant shape and beautiful color. The buttons and pockets make it look different than your run-of-the-mill wool jacket, but the style is classic enough to last a few seasons.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)