Monday, March 1, 2010

J.Crew Email: A beach-chic cardi

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Marietta & Elizabeth, who shared with us the latest email from J.Crew this morning.

The email above features the Metallic Beach Cardigan (Item 23159; $128.00). J.Crew describes the glitter glam cardigan as:
The season's easiest piece, with a slightly slouchy silhouette and a loose, airy knit. Made from a fabulous Italian metallic yarn, it dresses up and down with equal aplomb (we're wearing ours with absolutely everything). Viscose/poly in a 3-gauge knit. Loose fit.
This cardigan has been discussed before on the blog, in the February 18th "Sneak Peak: Metallic Beach Cardigan" post. The cardigan looks super cute (& super expensiv-o, no?) Although I worry about the itchy-factor. Some JCAs reported seeing this cardigan at their brick & mortar (B&M) stores already too.

Incidentally, CheesyGoodness (in this post) raised a good question: what makes an item be described as "beach". I see this cardigan as being worn almost anywhere, from the office to running errands.

What are your thoughts on the cardigan? Do you like the style & colors? Would you wear this cardigan to the beach? :)

9 comments:

  1. I bought this cardigan in store last Saturday and I LOVE it. The gold works as a neutral for the day and is obviously dressy enough for the evening. The color was very flattering on me, but the silver is a dark grey and it's not quite as nice IMO. Not itchy IMO but not bitch-y either ...I will post pics on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My B&M only had the silver, so I red-phoned the camel on Saturday. I tried on the silver (they only had two mediums in the store), and it was waay to large, but I could tell that I'd love the sweater in my size/color. Can't wait for Mr. UPS man to get here! Ema, I'm going to check your blog for an IRL pic, I've only seen the camel online (funny typo, too! LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt this in the store and passed right away because it wasn't soft ... maybe I should have tried it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ema--LOL. When I saw what you first said I was all, "Ema!" :) I figured you had made a slip when typing, but it still made me smile!

    I love the gold version but must wait for it to go down in price...I can't justify a cardigan, no matter how good it looks on me, at that price! (I liked the gold version mainly because it was a good match for my hair--the silver was too harsh with my coloring.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ick, I saw this in the store and hated it. It is shorter than it appears on the models, and the fabric is atrocious.

    I like the colors... how to do metallics in a knit sweater without being scratchy/cheap looking? I don't know the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think FFM tried this one on on her blog and she said, "ITCHY". I will be staying away from this one. I have a nice soft JCrew beach sweater from a few seasons ago that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although this cardi is super cute, the length hits me at a very awkward place due to my height, and I think the metallic makes it very itchy. In my store this sweater has been flying off the racks. We sold out of the original stock in like 2 days, and got just 3 more today and sold them before I left work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did try this on in the Silver and posted a pic on my blog last Tuesday. I didn't like it at all, especially for the asking price. It was much shorter IRL and very itchy, IMO. My store only had the silver, but I would love to see the camel IRL, too.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)