Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cardmember Email: Jenna's favorite necklace

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Rosa In DC & Marietta, who shared with us the latest email from J.Crew to its card members.

The email above features the not-yet-officially-released-online Martha Necklace (Item 28402; $165.00). J.Crew describes this crystal grand strand as:
Dark silver ox-plated brass with Swarovski crystals. Signature spring clasp closure. Part of the J.Crew Collection.
This necklace is actually very similar to the necklace Jenna Lyons had on the Martha Stewart show last Winter (refer to the November 25th "J.Crew's Jenna Lyons to Appear with Martha Stewart {yes, that Martha Stewart!}" post). The necklace she wore on the segment was still in pre-production. Maybe they named it after Ms. Martha Stewart herself! :)

I really like the style of this necklace. I love the look of large glass stones— which is both simple and elegant. The length is just perfect around one's collarbones.

On a related note, I purchased both the Crystal Colletto Necklace (Item 25976; $118.00, in stores for $59.99) and the Small Crystal Colletto Bracelet (Item 26089; $70.00, in stores for $39.99) in Black recently. This necklace is very similar to the one featured in this email. I have to say I love love love them! This set looks so chic and can work with any outfit. I definitely would recommend it.

Incidentally, does this email only indicate that new arrivals will be available online soon? If so, then wahoo!

What are your thoughts on the Crystal Rock Necklace? Do you like the style- from the size to the style with its glass stones & chains?

17 comments:

  1. Love it, classic elegant, go with anything look!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought the Crystal Coletto necklace and wore it immediately. It's lovely and elegant. It's a return to the jewelry I love from J Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Alexis!! I just called the local B&M & put the Coletto on hold. I love that necklace for the same reasons you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this. If you have seen The September Issue (the documentary on the production of the September 2007 issue of Vogue), this looks really similar to the necklaces Anna Wintour was wearing (though hers were citrine and amethyst). I think I will be ordering this, even at that price. Most of my my J.Crew necklaces are the long ones, and this shorter one should file a void. Very chic. (Of course when this invariably ends up in the catalog, they will layer it with 12 other necklaces and completely lose the chicness).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the gorgeous new bling! They look well made, too, and will hold up to style changes and repeated wear. Great score!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Fill a void", obviously, not "file a void". :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. The copy on this says "Jenna has been *obsessed* with this..." They really need to retire that word!

    I wonder why this one is so much more expensive than the colletto? Maybe b/c they say they used "swarvoski" crystals?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful piece...now if only I had somewhere to wear something like this! I don't know if I can do the "stylist" thing where I wear jewelry like this over everyday clothes...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this piece! Finally something classy that doesn't look like it was pulled out of my husband's tackle box!
    I was told by CS last week that the new rollout online will be Thursday. Looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The necklace is very pretty. Way over priced but very pretty. I don't buy JCrew jewelry or costume jewelry unless it is really cheap so I only own the real silver that JCrew used to sell a few years ago. Love that. Wish they would do some real metals again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really lovely and with a hefty price tag! I'd love to see it IRL. It also looks like the Colletto necklace which I'm undecided on the color.

    I also find it hard to justify the price if I don't get to wear it very often. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty necklace, and I must say, when I opened my email I immediately thought it was the crystal coletto which I bought on sale the other day. I love the look of both necklaces an was actually willing to pay full price for the coletto until I stumbled upon it in the b&m on sale. I am very happy with my crystal coletto-wore it all weekend, so I will not be getting the Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lyssa - How much was the crystal coletto on sale for at the B&M?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Alexis,

    I have the Crystal Coletto necklace and love it too. Perfect, not too large, and just what I wanted. I have it in the purple color, which interestingly "fades" under the nasty flourescent lights in my office. Weird, right? But I enjoy wearing the necklace nonethless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone: Thanks for sharing! Love reading all the comments. :)

    Jen: I hope you get it! The necklace is gorgeous. :)

    Elizabeth: I mention in the post that the Crystal Colletto Necklace in stores is on sale for $59.99, and the bracelet is on sale for $39.99. Hope this helps! :)

    Tweedy: Congrats on the necklace! It really is such a lovely piece- in all the shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did anyone happen to see makeup artist Bobbi Brown on QVC a couple of weeks ago? She was wearing the big Art Deco earrings in black (so can't remember the name of them right now) and the host was wearing the Crystal Coletto bracelet. They were all J Crew accessoried up!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)