Wednesday, March 3, 2010

J.Crew Email: It's ballet season

"Thanks!" to Marietta, who shared with us an email from J.Crew this morning. The email focuses on J.Crew's ballet flats collection (click here to shop online).

I see that J.Crew brought back the water-resistant ballet flats with this season's Rainy Day Ballet Flats (Item 22855; $55.00). The new colors like "metallic gold" and "barely peach" are absolutely lovely in-person. However, I have the version from last year (in black and red) and must admit they are very uncomfortable. They have absolutely no support on the sole (worse than the regular ballet flats) making it painful to walk around after awhile.

Although it is not a part of the latest batch of new arrivals, the Abby Toe Cap Ballet Flats (Item 20331; $128.00) are absolutely lovely. I own the Black version and adore the nude toe cap.

What are your thoughts on the latest ballet flats from J.Crew? Are there any pairs you are interested in getting? Please share your reviews too! :)

8 comments:

  1. I bought the Abby cap-toes in the gold/platinum colour. So pretty! I tried the black/nude and natural/pink ones, but in the end I didn't care for the nude toe on the black or the pink toe on the natural. I haven't work them yet (come on, Spring!), so can't comment on the comfort level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on ballet flats and would love to get some for spring but I'm waiting for a discount % off on them.
    Also, does anyone have a Free Shipping code? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find JC flats to look cute but be really uncomfy. :( No cushioning or arch support whatsoever and not really enough room for inserts so I won't buy. BR just added memory foam to all their shoes. Now if only they could make them in some decent designs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the flats cute but they don't fit my feet and/or offer enough support. I seem to walk out of them or they are not comfortable. I wish JCRew made better quality ballet flats. Cute prints:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ballet flats to wear in the office but they are not comfortable to wear walking on concrete. I have four pairs, every one of them purchased on the JCA Weekly Exchange and all were new. One is even a Collection pair. So nice and such great deals, whoo-hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those of you who wear ballet flats often, do the soles allow room for orthotic inserts? I have incredibly flat feet and need some arch support, which is why I haven't bought any j.crew flats in the past, but if there is room for inserts, perhaps they can be saved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually inserts work for me but not in the JCrew flats. I have to wear the same type you do, AppGal.

    Everyone is different though...you could try but did not work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought the Rainy Day ballet flats in Pearl and I LOVE THEM. I wore them for a particularly hectic day at work today which required me running all around a VERY LARGE building with hard tile and marble floors and my feet never hurt once. In fact, I felt like I was wearing slippers! I have other J Crew ballet flats and they are not nearly as comfortable. I don't have last year's variety, so I don't know if they have been redesigned but these are great. I think I'm going to order the Barely Peach right now!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)