Wednesday, March 3, 2010

J.Crew's Camouflage-Print Military Jacket for Women

"Thanks!" to Rosa in DC who shared with us a J.Crew-spotting in Washington Post's DC Scout (click here) newsletter for March 2010.
The item featured is the Printed Lieutenant Jacket (Item 22562; $128.00) which J.Crew lovingly describes it as:
One of our favorites of the season, with an authentic camouflage print and true-to-tradition military details such as twill taping and buttoned epaulets. Borrowed from the boys styling with a fit that's slightly shrunken (and unfailingly feminine), and finished with a special wash to give it that broken-in, had-it-forever feel.
I do like the style of some military jackets. I especially adore the Downtown Field Jacket (Item 19034; $148.00) which I was able to snag last winter. (I love, love, love that jacket!) However, when I saw the Printed Lieutenant Jacket in-person I couldn't help think that the camouflage-print limits the jacket (in terms of what to wear it with and where to wear it). Ultimately, I wasn't thrilled with it.

Lastly, Fashion Dork shares a real-life image of this jacket over at her "J Crew new arrivals-lieutenant jacket, toothpick z..." post. (She looks great in the jacket by the way.) :)

Do you like the camouflage print? What are your thoughts on this jacket? Have you tried it on or seen it in-person? If so, please share! :)

10 comments:

  1. I have not seen the jacket in person but I love the style and I think Fashion Dork totally rocks this jacket. I might have to stop by my local store soon to check it out.
    Thanks Alexis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this jacket featured at Teen Vogue too. Not sure if I can pull it off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the jacket on in the beechwood color and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this jacket in black which appears more faded black. Fashion Dork looks fabulous in her jacket though I don't think I can rock it as good as she does.
    This jacket looks best with the sleeves rolled up. I like how it comes in numeric sizing. I normally wear 4 in fitted jackets but got a 2 in this and it fits perfectly. HTH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Camo jacket and Fashion Dork looks great, yet it feels like we JUST DID THIS and I'm over the whole camo thing. I did get the Boyfriend Military Jacket in Gray at the Crewlet for a bit more of the fun while being understated in the delivery. Great Jacket, half, 1/4 the price....I think I got in on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I had originally saw the Spring sneak peak I instantly said I was going to buy that jacket. But when I saw it in stores and thought about the possible ways of wearing it I passed, I don't think I'd get enough wear out of it. I bought the black blossom jacket instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have loved camo in the past, but I must say I have pretty creepy feelings about it used in fashion while we are still involved in a couple of insane wars..........and I'm all for Political Incorrectness, but this is different somehow! Nix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Downtown field is definitely my favorite too! Same as others, don't think I can get the camo version of the lieutenant jacket, but tried on the black/grey and endedup liking it a lot. So much I brought it home with me!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. No camo for me. But I do love the donwtown field jacket

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using military jackets have always been seen as part of any women’s fashion. Different styles have long been enjoyed by women everywhere and for us who are in need of such jackets we know that we can find what we are looking for when we search for military jackets online.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)