Monday, February 27, 2012

J.Crew Email: This week's discovery {malta sandal}

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Irina, who shared the following email J.Crew sent this morning.

The email not only features the Malta Sandals (Item 64402; $148.00), but also shares its back story with customers:
After a south-of-the-border sojourn for some style inspiration (what happens in Tulum, stays in Tulum) our accessories design team couldn't resist imagining their own handwoven leather huarache. The traditional Mexican sandals made its way stateside in the'60s as a boho-cool summertime staple (we're conjuring up visions of Ali MacGraw rocking a pair with a suntan). Our designer's take: "They've got that undeniable picked-up-at-some-far-flung-marketplace vibe." Ours were handwoven in Italy in three earthy and very rich leathers, "so they get softer with each and every wear." The only question remains- which nail polish color?
Gorgeous pair of sandals! They really are. My only hesitation is the price tag- it seems expensive for a pair of sandals that look like you just picked-up-at-some-random-marketplace.

What are your thoughts on the Malta Sandal from J.Crew? Have you seen it in person? If so, please share! :)

12 comments:

  1. I like them a lot, but not for that price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $148 is outrageous for those. They aren't even that cute and a similar style could be purchased just about anywhere! Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with J.CrewJD, I have a curious sense of deja vu when I look at them. They look unoriginal and unflattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look pretty cheap in the photo, something that you would purchase in Mexico for a few dollars. Agree with J.CrewJD, you can find similar anywhere for a lot less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, too pricey for these sandals. You can get much better quality from Bernardo for a lower price. I always get my sandals from Bernardo. I hope J Crew doesn't partner up with Bernardo next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flat sandals would get limited use from me, so no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wear sandals all summer long and I like these but not the price tag. I actually have a pair from Mexico that my grandmother gave me that are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a very expensive Huarache to me . . .pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like a bad Frye knockoff, to be honest...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are not worth $148. Why are they called the Malta sandal-Malta is in the Mediterranean and these are a replica of Mexican sandals. Big Pass.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)