In the latest catalog (click here to view), J.Crew asks their designers to share some of their inspirations. The following is the text of each image above (from left to right):
Behind the Design- We work with some of the best of the best. Our designers labor over quality, agonize over detail (and happen to have degrees from some of the top design schools in the world). See what inspires a few of our own- and find more at JCrew.com.
- I spend weekends in flea markets and furniture stores, looking at beautiful vintage castings, interesting glass, shapes and new ways of construction. -L.F.
- Creativity comes from the everyday in New York. I studied design at FIT, but I have to say, you learn more from life than school. I'm inspired daily by the city's culture, people, architecture and history, -M.W.
- Books are a constant source of inspiration, something I picked up early at Parsons School for Design. I read everything I can get my hands on. -T.M.
- My two boys inspire me daily. We see so many great things together that I use at work- bright flowers and special details that I know kids are crazy for (and parents adore). -J.G.
- I went to the Royal Academy of Art in Holland, but I find my muse in American workwear from the '40's and '50's, roadside American and the earth tones of Joshua Tree National Park. -F.M.
What are your thoughts on the designers' quotes? Did you find their inspirations interesting or bland? What are your thoughts of the following quote from the introduction: "Our designers labor over quality, agonize over detail"? :)