Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Details on J.Crew's Wedding Trunk Show {lovely!}

J.Crew recently held a wedding trunk show "featuring styles from our 2009 collection" (refer to the "J.Crew Wedding Trunk Show & More!" post). Luckily for us, some Aficionadas attended this event and shared the details!

A big "thanks!" to Donna who not only shared her review of this event, but also shared all the {amazingly beautiful} images of this post with us. :) (Click on any of the images for a larger view.) The following is her review:

We were greeted outside given a pad and pencil (picture) to take down any style numbers for dresses to try on- there were limited samples and a Personal Shopper would set-up a room and bring the dresses as they became available. Some of the dresses were not offically available until June.

The dresses were set-up in the cashmere section and there were bridesmaid dresses as well as bridal. They had swatchs for all of the colors and fabric types..overall the quality was there and there were one or two dresses that didn't look that great on the hanger.


We (my friend and I) were spoken to about taking pictures and the salseman even wanted to see my iPhone and make sure I didn't have any photos- try again. I'm a mouthly New Yorker and a lawyer.

Also, "thanks!" to Jean (in this post) who shared her review of the event as well:

Went to the bridal trunk show today... quite disappointed. It wasn't a show, more like a bridal gowns preview and sale for people to try on the gowns and buy them.

All samples are either size 2 or 8 but you can order the size that you desired. Also, they let you use your 25% red card to buy the gowns or bridesmaid dresses.


For anyone who's looking for the Jayne dress in tea rose, they have two size 0 at the store (Rockefeller Center).


These images of J.Crew's dresses, are just beautiful! They all look so amazing, that it makes me want to renew my vows so I can wear one of them! ;) I also think the pad that J.Crew provided its attendees was a nice touch.

Did you attend J.Crew's Wedding Trunk Show? If so, please share with us your review too! ;) Are there any dresses (for brides, bridesmaids, or attending guests) that you are currently loving (or loathing)?

20 comments:

  1. OMG... they're so gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there! Very nice. I did a brief post on it here: http://preppymama.blogspot.com/2009/04/j-crew-reportback-from-bridal-trunk.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the Trunk Show was so disappointing! The dresses do look absolutely beautiful in the pics though! Thank you for the reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a HUGE let down. A pad??? How is that a nice touch??? I keep that in my purse anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So... you can try dresses on but you're no allowed to take pictures in case you want to remember how they look/get the opnions of others? Doesn't really seem like J Crew grasps the whole wedding-dress-hunting concept.

    Also, the sample sizes-- 2 & 8--very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be fair:
    The salesperson said they didn't mind if people took pictures of dresses they tried on and "wanted to show mom" but we were taking pictures of the dresses and racks on the floor...My friend is in the wedding business (custom letterpress invitations) and we were there just to see the dresses (we are both married) and what the quality was like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, good for you, reviewer who wouldn't turn over the your iphone. That's some nerve by that j.crew salesperson to dare ask. Cripes, you're not inside General Motors or the U.S. Mint. They're just dresses, j.crew!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were their any short (knee, tea length) wedding dresses, or just gowns?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's interesting that they took the rosette tee and basically, made a rosette wedding dress. It looks like they made the ivory and shell colors, too!

    I love the striped organza dress... along with the liberty-fabric dress they have right now. Printed wedding dresses seems like a cool idea! I will definitely be getting married in J.Crew someday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wierd that the sample sizes are size 2 or 8. Wonder what the industry standard is for sample sizes? Like in the devil wears prada, is 0 the new 2?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, that dress with the flowers is SO beautiful. I would like to buy it and wear it as a summer dress. Only problem is the $3K price tag... Why can't JCrew make a shorter version of it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gata, I believe JCrew did make a shorter version of the flower dress.

    http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/solidstextures/PRDOVR~14892/14892.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi All,

    OT - but is the Jayne dress priced lower than the website $180 at stores? I read a comment on this JCA site that in certain stores it's priced at $69.99....do they pricematch when you order over the phone?

    Sonu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi tastymoog, I only saw the bridal gowns in long length... the short length dresses are bridesmaid dresses.
    Not clear about the sales not allowing people to take picture... I was taking picture in the fitting room trying on the Whitney dress!
    I was really expecting like a mini runaway show when they said it's a bridal trunk show not a preview sale event (which turned out to be)...

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was wedding dress shopping, plenty of places wouldn't let me take pictures of myself in the gown unless/until I had agreed to buy... I think that is sort of normal.

    A friend of mine is getting married next summer and I noticed (a few weeks ago now) that the Cecilia full-length dress was on sale for $100 in champagne. She bought it, loves it, and I think she'll be wearing it at her wedding! I wish J Crew had been doing wedding dresses in 2006...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely agree with earlier poster - makes me want renew my vows. :) I would buy the white dress with roses... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We ordered our bridesmaids dresses at the trunk show and were told we could NOT use our 25% off card - was anyone else told the same or was anyone able to use the card?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG that flower girl dress is adorable. xo Cari http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Agree with Meels - I've been searching for a wedding dress and was surprised to find out nearly all wedding salons do not allow you to take pictures until you've purchased the dress. Apparently this is standard - not a J. Crew issue - so that people don't take the pictures to a seamstress and get a similar dress made for a lower price.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)