Click here for product page
J.Crew describes this gorgeous bag as follows:
This season we're trading our usual slouchy styles for clean-edged, ladylike carryalls that polish and pull together whatever we're wearing. Crafted in a new leather developed exclusively for us (we love the smooth matte finish and structured feel), with a vintage-inspired turnlock and top zip, so everything's safe—and sleek—on the go. An interior front-wall patch pocket and a back-wall zip pocket keep pencils, cell phone and keys organized. Perfectly sized to fit a standard laptop, it's the one we're wearing to work and beyond. Brass-finish hardware. Exterior flap pocket with turnlock closure. Cotton twill lining. Import. 5" handle drop. 16"H x 14 1/2"W x 3 1/4"D.A big "thanks!" to ER, who shared her review of this must-have bag:
...I purchased the tote in black. This purse is definitely a investment piece and the JCrew design team did a amazing job on the execution, style and function of this tote. What I enjoy about this tote is that it works for the student and the corporate professional. It's large enough to hold a 13" laptop and can hold a lightweight jacket or cardigan."Thanks!" again to ER for her great review of this tote!
I took a trip to San Francisco and tested it out during my day of leisure. What I discovered is that:
In conclusion, if you do not own the Edie Tote I suggest you go out and purchase this as soon as possible. I've decided I'm going to purchase the flame color. I was a bit hesitant at first due to the fact I work for Target, but I'm not letting that stop me due to it being such a great bag. If you are hesitant to purchase this based on the price think of it as paying for itself with constant use over time.
- It's a very light bag and doesn't get heavy even after I stuffed my scarf and camera in the bag
- The shape of the bag contours with your body and when you walk it doesn't jet out in a annoying fashion
- There are 3 inside pockets and one has a zipper and makes putting your cell phone and keys in a secure fashion without fishing for them at the bottom of the bag
- The leather is like butter!!! I found myself touching this bag throughout my adventures in the city and complementing myself on what a great purchase I made
- The hardware on the purse is not over the top and actually elevates the bag
- The large outside pocket is pure genius!!! If you are a commuter and have to ride public transit you can put your transit pass in this pocket and it will be secure. There is no need to keep going inside your bag to fish out your transit pass.
- The double zipper closure at the top of the bag is great!!!! It gives you a sense of security and I tend to keep my ipod in the zip pocket inside the bag and keep the bag partially unzipped in order to have my ipods earplugs available so I can listen to music while walking.
What are your thoughts on the Edie Tote? Do you own this bag? Have you tried it on at a store? Do you like this style? If so, please share with us your review. :)