using the festive activities from this month’s Looks We Love as inspiration, the ladies behind The Laundress New York® reveal their tried-and-true tips for solving those uh-oh moments this holiday…
1. Makeup: “Blush on your shoulder? Lipstick on the collar? (Too much mistletoe!) No worries—apply The Laundress New York for J.Crew collars & cuffs stain bar and work the stain out with a little water.”What a clever post! Although, I could use less of the product placement pushing and more on the common household items solutions. (It actually reminded me of when I spilled red wine all over my Samba Dress last Summer and Googled how to remove the stain with salt.) I would love to see more tips for other "uh-oh" moments.
2. Mud and dirt: “Don’t worry about mud on your heels when dashing from store to store. Touch up patent leather with a spray and a wipe of The Laundress Glass and Mirror Cleaner to clean and shine!”
3. Tree sap: “Trimming the tree? Rub the tree sap with an ice cube and then gently scrape off the excess sap. Apply The Laundress New York for J.Crew collars & cuffs stain bar and launder at home.”
4. Static cling: “Don’t be embarrassed. Just spray The Laundress Static Solution in between your stockings and clothes and the static will be gone. Forgot your spray? Just wet your hands and wipe between the layers.”
5. Candle wax: “Too close to the flame? Hot wax can be cleaned off quickly with a blow dryer or a hand dryer. Solid wax should be ironed with a cloth between the fabric and the iron. As soon as you’re home, pretreat with The Laundress Stain Solution and launder with The Laundress Detergent in your machine.”
6. Greasy dips and dressings: “Ask your host or hostess for table salt, cornstarch or baby powder to lift up the stain. Treat further after the party with The Laundress Stain Solution at home.”
Want even more tips for staying spotless this season? Check out The Laundress’s ultimate cashmere care guide here.
(special thanks to Lindsey and Gwen of The Laundress)
What are your thoughts on J.Crew & Landress' cleaning tips? Do you have any tips to share for your "uh-oh" moments? Please share!