Tuesday, September 16, 2014

J.Crew's Cece Ballet Flat Now Available {for pre-order}

Many of us were upset to find out earlier in the year that J.Crew planned to discontinue the Cece Ballet Flat (refer to January's "J.Crew Dumps Cece for Emma!" post). Many of us begged for J.Crew to reconsider (refer to April's "J.Crew Listens To Customer To Bring Back A Favorite" post). JCAs rejoiced when J.Crew decided to bring back the amazing ballet flats this Fall (refer to August's "J.Crew Realizes Love For Cece {it's coming back!}" post).

"Thanks!" to Petra, who let us know that J.Crew already brought the Cece Ballet Flats (item 64408; $125.00) online (click here to shop). J.Crew shares the following description:
We resurrected one of our most popular ballet flats from the J.Crew archives—and for good reason. With a cushioned insole for maximum comfort, a rubber sole for maximum flexibility and an elasticized topline so they hug your feet just so, they feel as good as they look.
The flats are currently available in the following shades: black, burnt sienna, and tawny sand. All three colors were part of J.Crew's previous collection, and all of them are fantastic colors that work with most outfits. (I should know, because I own all three of those colors in the Cece Flats. Not to mention, a back up pair in the black after I heard about them being discontinued.)

For whatever reason, they are currently back-ordered until October 15, 2014. But well worth the wait. These flats are by far the nicest, comfiest flats I have ever owned. Needless to say, but I will say it anyways, I am THRILLED they are back. WAHOO J.CREW!

Are you excited about Cece's return to J.Crew? Did you think J.Crew was going to bring them back? Are there any other items you like to return to J.Crew?

18 comments:

  1. ooohh nice! i've been looking at those for awhile now and wondering if they'd come back… too late JCrew! I have already purchased a pair of tieks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited! They're also 25% off right now - I have the black suede and am ordering the black right now. I just hope they offer them in more colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been searching for a pair of navy ceces for what seems like years.


    hopefully navy makes the color cut!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so too! Navy is my favorite shoe color for some reason.

      Delete
    2. I agree. I don't know why navy flats are so hard to find, but they are!

      Delete
  4. I'm late in the game. I don't own one, and I am considering a pair in black. I am a true size 5.5. Do you guys size up in these or not? I'm thinking of ordering a 5.5 and 6 to try at home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JSR - I am a true size 7 in flats & I take a 7 in the Cece & Factory Anya. The elasticized back makes it a bit more forgiving. Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Taylor. I only asked because I tried the Emma at a store, and the 6 fit perfectly on me, even though I am a true 5.5. I have sort of a wide feet...so I might order both sizes to see which is more comfortable. :)

      Delete
    3. Not a bad idea. I actually have one pair that are a 7.5 & they're fine too! So maybe you should order different colors & potentially keep both. #enabler

      Delete
    4. I have a few pair and also find they run tts. I've seen others say they go up half a size so maybe it just depends on your comfort level. I say go with Taylor's suggestion ;)

      Delete
    5. I am usually a 7 but take a 7.5 in flats, including the Ceces.

      Delete
  5. My feet are wide, too. These shoes are true to size b/c the leather is real and the sides of the shoe go lower on your foot than the emma's. The Emma flats hurt my feet after a couple hours- the CeCe's I wear to do everything including taking my dog on a 3 mile walk. Best shoes ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in the J.Crew classic leather ballet flats (https://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/shoes/sale/PRDOVR~36243/36243.jsp), but have looked and looked and can't find them anywhere! I usually buy 2 pairs every fall and was hoping to do the same this year; have they been discontinued? Will they return? Help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they're already sold out. That's Disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How are these sold out already! They still had them in all sizes online yesterday. :-( Bummed.....should have pulled the trigger yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)