Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spend 24 Hours with J.Crew's Jenna Lyons

"Thanks!" to Pansy, as well as ReaganFlowers (in this post), who shared the following news with us: J.Crew's Jenna Lyons was recently featured in Harpers Bazaar.

Pansy shared the following scans (found in this post) of the article with us. Just click on either image to view larger. ReaganFlowers shared the link to Harpers Bazaar that has the article as well (click here to read in its entirety).

The following is a quick list of what I thought was interesting:
My List: Jenna Lyons
300 pairs of shoes, 3 minutes to get dressed, 14 pints of ice cream in the freezer... The J. Crew creative director's life by the numbers.
By Harper's Bazaar Staff

  • I do my makeup in about five minutes, and I get dressed in about three minutes. I definitely don't have a work uniform. The idea of a uniform is like a slow and painful death to me. There is nothing I like more than getting dressed.
  • I get probably 200-plus e-mails and more than 100 texts a day.
  • The first day the intercoms were being installed at the J. Crew offices I was like, "What the hell is that?" But it's awesome. Mickey Drexler, J. Crew's CEO, is sort of like a fireball of kinetic energy; he has more energy than my six-year-old. He had the intercom installed, and he uses it mostly to make sure he can get someone immediately. 
  • I easily own 300 pairs of shoes. And I have so many clothes; I have storage spaces full of clothes. 
  • I always shower at night; I don't like getting wet in the morning.
What are your thoughts on the feature? Did you find anything particularly interesting? If so, please share! :)

6 comments:

  1. Love this...Love Jenna. Can't wait to pick up the magazine...thanks for sharing!

    Kelly from chic Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like getting wet in the morning. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it time for another release featuring Gail? Or Emily? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great little article. I identify with her hatred of getting wet in the morning and love getting into bed clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with not getting wet in the morning and love that clean feeling before I hit the sack. The only time I shower twice a day is when I'm in the Caribbean.

      And I do my makeup in about five minutes too. I have a system. I need that extra time to get dressed. lol.

      Delete
  5. I'm impressed that she can get dressed in three minutes. With that many choices, I'd think it would take much longer. Even without that many choices, I take longer! She must be very decisive.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)