Thursday, October 20, 2011

J.Crew's Kate + Upcoming Styles

"Thanks!" to Fabulous Florida Mommy (in this post) who let us know about a recent entry (click here) over at J.Crew's 770 blog:
All About Kate
Kate, an assistant designer known around here for her signature hats and eye for vintage finds, shares her style inspirations, from getaways Française to American classics

On the summer 2012 Weddings & Parties collection:
We were inspired by the feeling of the French Riviera; we wanted the collection to feel like a fun vacation spot. We used a lot of light, gorgeous linens, colorful stripes and breezy silhouettes to give women the right attitude to deal with the summer heat.

On her secret source of inspiration:

I love looking at vintage hats for inspiration. Hats are always playing around with proportions, materials and trims and inevitably give attitude to whoever’s wearing them—so I like trying to translate those ideas into clothing.

On the classics:
I love American sportswear, and that’s my go-to for silhouettes. I like taking classical styles that have lived on from decade to decade and changing them with unexpected fabrications and proportions. I play around with different closures, trims and beadings in order to give clothes a feeling of familiarity while still feeling surprising.
What I am wondering is the same thing Fabulous Florida Mommy brought up: "I hope all the outfits behind Kate in this post about her on the 770 blog are J.Crew Spring 2012. So many beautiful things!" Me too! Kate, more about the clothes behind you please!

What are your thoughts on the post entry from J.Crew's blog? Are you interested in any of the items featured behind Kate?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Alexis! I think the outfits behind Kate may be part of the Summer 2012 Weddings & Parties collection. (At least that's what they mention in the article.) I love everything, including the dress that Kate is wearing, but it probably isn't J.Crew, unfortunately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off topic but the website is offering 25% off plus free shipping on 150+. Looks like both FP and sale qualify. I used it to grab the tourquoise double serge hacking jacket Have fun ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, but I actually like the feature it links to better! :) The format of the feature is a little awkward (using the down arows to scroll) but this is the kind of stuff I wish they'd do more of. DIEGO, are you listening? :P

    Also, I would love to have a job like Kate's. I'd give just about anything to be so excited about what I do that it comes through when I talk or write about my work. I have a serious case of job envy here, kind of like when I watch Rachel Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning ladies! I'm pretty sure THIS Kate Spade dress is the one that Kate is wearing. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)