Thursday, September 22, 2011

New Shoe from J.Crew {love wedges!}

"Thanks!"' to WellFedFred (of the great "the whining diner" blog) who shared the following "Daily Shoe" from the Times (click here for original):
The Daily Shoe | JCrew
By Jane Herman
September 14, 2011, 4:33 pm

We’ve seen a lot of wedges at the shows, and those at J.Crew were a welcome addition to the list. Wood and a woven leather with a flattering ankle strap and pleasing price — this one will pair as easily with blue jeans as with printed pants.
These shoes are a part of the Spring 2012 Collection. Customers won't be able to find them online yet. (I am also not sure if they are available for pre-order.)

I love wedges and the design on this particular pair is gorgeous! My only concern is how narrow the wedge might run. The model has a narrow foot and yet it looks like the shoe is too narrow for her. I am hoping this is not the case when they hit store shelves.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming shoe from J.Crew? Do you like the style?

15 comments:

  1. Her toes look really really wedged in there:) The shoes are cute and I am already looking forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a huge fan of those particular shoes but would be thrilled if this means there will be more wedges this spring! I love wedges... so much more comfortable and easy to wear than heels! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful shoe, I've given up on high heels now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they're beautiful! Unfortunately, that strap around the ankle rarely works for me and makes my legs look stumpy. But I'm sure I'll try them on anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're cute. I agree they look very narrow, like a European shoe. Hoping they come in a pale taupe or nude so the ankle straps wouldn't make my legs look horrid if I were wearing a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pair is beautiful but I can't do narrow width and ankles straps usually don't work for me. I wonder if they'd make this in a peep toe flat version like the "Joley" style from few years back. I do love the details of blue and brown weave.
    That said, I'm more careful about getting JC shoes at reasonable price for synthetic materials and manmade sole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. forget the shoes, i'm bowled over by the pants!!! want to preorder NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved wearing shoes like this in my teens and twenties. I don't wear high heels anymore though. I have a cute pair of wedges though still that I am saving--maybe my daughter can wear them! Still in style and so cute cannot part with them--just like the pair of black suede bow pumps that were my grandmothers that I wore for several years before giving up heels:) Still fun to look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the woven leather but other than that I really don't care for this particular pair. I'm not a fan of ankle straps on shoes and even though this is a wedge, it looks really uncomfortable, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to wellfedfred for sharing the preview, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shoes, but why didn't they do a pedicure for the model?

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)