Friday, June 3, 2011

GQ Eyes J.Crew's Timex Watch

"Thanks!" to J.Crew Guy In Canada who shared an article from GQ's Eye (click here to read in its entirety):
Watch of the Week: Timex for J.Crew
Ted Stafford
May 27, 2011

We know we've mentioned them a few times now, but these Timex for J.Crew military-inspired watches are the ideal summer accessory: the no-sweat band, the punchy colors, the screaming price ($150, c'mon!). They also strike a perfect balance of All-American style and quality, a fact that makes them the spot-on timepiece for that Memorial Day BBQ this weekend. Our advice? Buy another strap and save it for the Fourth. At $20 a piece, you can afford to mix things up.

Available at J.Crew stores nationwide and JCrew.com.
J.Crew's Timex Military Watch (Item 10884; $150.00) really is a classic piece. It's simple, but elegant in its design. And the interchangeable straps are an easy way to accessorize any outfit. I even coordinate the straps around holidays. For example I use the red strap for Christmas and Fourth of July!

Do you like J.Crew's Timex Watch? Own it? Do you own more than one strap (like me!)? Please share! :)

5 comments:

  1. I bought the Timex -- ostensibly for my husband ;) -- about four years ago. I've picked up maybe 3 extra straps since then. He loves it for weekends and especially the orange strap. I borrow it quite often, and actually have been wearing it this week. I like the casual, masculine look of it with my business pencil skirts and blouses. It really goes with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing mine right now. It's usually found on my wrist in the warmer months; prefer a metal band in the cooler months.

    Right now the strap is burgundry and a khaki colour; perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all three men's Timexes from J. Crew and countless watchbands from J. Crew, American Eagle, and J. Press.

    I wanted my mom to have a fun, casual watch (she tends to buy dressier ones for herself) so I bought a $15 kids'/women's Timex at Target and a few of the narrower watchbands from J. Crew. She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wearing mine right now too, only I'm not a guy. I love mine and I love switching the bands of the watch to compliment my outfit. I've gotten more compliments for this watch than any other watch I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE mine. Have picked up lots of bands to make shipping minimums. It reminds me of paper dolls when I was a kid dressing up my watch!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)