Thursday, April 22, 2010

Video of Jenna Lyons on Oprah!

The Huffington Post has the video of Jenna Lyons appearing on Oprah yesterday as well as an article (click here to read the article in its entirety) . Enjoy!

Jenna Lyons 'Oprah' Appearance: J. Crew's Creative Director Reveals A Day In Her Life, Talks Michelle Obama & Tips
By Anya Strzemien

April 21, 2010


J.Crew's Creative Director Jenna Lyons--the brains behind the brand's recent makeover and enormous popularity--appeared on Oprah's 'Dream Jobs' episode on Wednesday. Lyons discussed landing her dream job, Michelle Obama, and her tips for dressing with panache.


In this first clip, Lyons walks viewers through a day in her life, which looks every bit as enviable as you'd imagine. Starting with her closet.
...

Then, naturally, Lyons and Oprah got around to talking about the first lady, J.Crew's most famous customer. Mrs. Obama famously wore a J. Crew ensemble on The Tonight Show during Sarah Palin's $150,000 wardrobe scandal.


Oprah admitted "When I saw the first lady, even before she became the first lady, wearing J. Crew--full disclosure here--I went and bought some J.Crew stock. And that was a very good decision."


Lyons also shared her tips on putting together a fabulous outfit.

What are your thoughts on the video? Is there anything you found particularly interesting?

6 comments:

  1. I think I can safely say that I envy her career!! And I love that her husband is a stay at home dad (from what I gathered on the video) and her closet is to die for! Not loving the sequin pants and striped shirt ensemble... but she is who she is and that allows her to wear whatever she wants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki Cogg: I totally agree! Jenna has a great career and one fantastic closet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely jealous of her closet! And I love that she still makes sure to have time for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Jenna, but the sight of a 6 foot tall 40-something woman wearing saggy sequin pants to work at 9:00 a.m. had me cracking up! I find her to be inspiring, and I admire her courage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was under the impression that Jenna's husband was a respected and successful artist. Not sure about the stay-at-home part, but think that he does have a career.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, her husband does have his own career. He is not a stay at home father from the other articles I have read. Maybe he is the one who picks their son up from day care/school though....

    I did not watch the show nor plan to so it was great to see the clips.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)