Friday, April 23, 2010

J.Crew Spotted in Harpar's Bazaar

A big "thanks!" to Desert Flower, who not only let us know about a few J.Crew items being spotted in the recent issue of Harpar's Bazaar Magazine, but also scanned the image for us to view! (Click on the image above to see it larger.)

The magazine features J.Crew's Cashmere Crewneck Tee (Item 98277; Regular $145.00, select colors $69.99) in Light Citron & Bright Cantaloupe. J.Crew describes this top as:
Soft, luxurious cashmere from a world-famous Italian mill in a fine 12-gauge knit. Crewneck. Tubular trim at neck. Long sleeves. Rolled edge at cuffs and hem.
I do like the Cashmere Tee, however I do not know about the colors. For those price points, I rather go with classic shades like Navy. I save the "pop-of-color" for smaller (more inexpensive) items like nail-polish or even J.Crew's Watch Strap (Item 19474; $20.00). Which incidentally, I recently got the Neon Rose version and love it!

What are your thoughts on the sweaters featured in the magazine? Do you own bright color cashmere sweaters? What are your thoughts on J.Crew's cashmere sweaters in general?

8 comments:

  1. I bought a final sale cashmere crew last year and I forget the color name, but I thought it was a light yellow, and it turned out to be like a neon chartreuse! However, I thought the color was fun and it's actually one of my faves now and I get compliments on it a lot. I think the fabric makes it luxe and work, instead of just being bright, fun, and cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own cashmere in every color of the rainbow: neutrals, pastels, brights. You name it, I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hesitant to buy a bright cashmere, but I love my chartreuse one from last year. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. I pair it with a scarf that I got around the same time that has a bunch of different colors in it, including the bright chartreuse, and it's one of my go-to spring outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to quality problems, I haven't purchased J.Crew cashmere (or any cashmere, for that matter) for almost the last two years.

    But the reason for my past purchases has been the great colors that JC has--I have just about every style ever made in the azalea, as well as violet, papaya, guava, etc. IMO the great colors would be the *only* reason to buy JC cashmere--if you're looking for basic colors, better quality can be had for less at Land's End. (Though even Land's End cashmere isn't as nice as it used to be.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an orange, short sleeved one from SU08. I have grey, too, and love them both. No major, ridiculous pilling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bright orange cashmere sweater that I like a lot from JCrew. Some pilling but that is JCrew cashmere for you! I haven't bought anymore other than one piece this year hoping it will be better....but have not worn it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am done with JCrew cashmere. It is of inferior quality and pills horribly. The yarn may be Loro Piana's, but obviously there are different quality LP's yarns. I have bought some of the real deal LP, and wow, these are quality, unlike JCrew's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are what attracts me to J. Crew's cashmere. I've got several brights and am interested in some of the newer ones, e.g. chrome green.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)