Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Get On J.Crew's List {& get 10% off}

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Pamela (in this post), who let us know about a new promotion that J.Crew is offering customers. When you make a purchase at any of their brick & mortar (B&M) stores *and* share your email at the time of purchase, J.Crew will reward you with a coupon for 10% off your future purchase.

The following is an image as well as details offered on the card:
{Front}
You're officially on the list...


Now you'll be one of the first to know about new arrivals, online exclusives, special offers and more.


And as a special thanks for sharing your email address, please enjoy
10% off your next in-store purchase.*

{Back}

*Present this card to redeem offer. Only valid on J.Crew, J.Crew Factory and crewcuts in-store purchases. Discount cannot be combined with any other promotions and cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards. Discount cannot be used on any partnership merchandise or any J.Crew Wedding styles. Offer valid 4/10/10-4/24/10.
I love that J.Crew is offering this promotion again. Kudos to you, J.Crew! :)

Incidentally, I find it interesting that J.Crew will not allow customers to receive the 10% off on partnership-items. This comes on the heels of news (from several JCAs) that J.Crew will no longer permit the teacher/ student discount to be used on partnership items either. I am not sure if this is a new policy or not, but something worth mentioning.

So the next time you are buying something at a B&M J.Crew store, make sure you get one of these cards! :)

13 comments:

  1. RE: The partnership items. J.Crew either has a discounting agreement with those companies and/or because the goods are not a J.Crew private label the margins are not as deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I was in the B&M on Saturday and no sign of this promotion. I made a purchase, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, they asked me for my email address this weekend and did not give me the coupon. The CS said, 'even though I already have your email address give it to me again', but did not give me the future discount. I'm going back this week to make returns and I will ask for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received the 10% off coupon when I was in last week. They did this same promotion at some point last year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to ask for this coupon since I am a regular at my B&M no one offered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was asked for my email when I made a purchase but was not given a coupon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in a B&M yesterday and got asked for my email, but no mention of the promotion. I did, however, receive an email from JCrew this morning, "welcoming" me and offering a free shipping code on my first purchase of $150 or more. Ummm...thanks? I've received JCrew emails at this account for nearly five years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went in again today to make some returns, and I asked about it. They had no idea what I was talking about, so I guess it's safe to say they aren't doing it at my store :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alexis, i experienced the same about not being able to use my teacher discount on parnership items. I contacted my local b&m store director who always treats me well and he confirmed its true but that managers dont always enforce it, ill paste the email I received from him: "First, Sorry you had a less than stellar experience. I should let you know that technically, it's true -- we don't honor discounts on any branded partnerships any longer. This is a policy that I don't personally agree with in most cases, but it is in fact policy. I rarely enforce it because I think it's confusing, and frankly a bit unfair. That said, again, it is technically crrect to honor any discount (educator/student/credit card/etc."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was asked for my email and was given the coupon. It's attached to the part you put your email on. A day or two later I recvd the Welcome email w/a free shipping code. I assume it was because I provided my email address.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the coupon the other day at my B&M. At first I thought I'd give it to a friend or toss it because my education discount is more, but I realized the coupon doesn't say anywhere that it can't be used on sale items (the educator discount can't). So I'll head back during the days it's valid and see if they'll let me use it on sale items.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty Boy, thanks for sharing that! Interesting about the policy. I honestly never heard about it before- until some JCAs mentioned it here. It's good to know moving forward. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)