Tuesday, August 25, 2009

J.Crew Email: Fall wedding preview at Rockefeller Center & Georgetown

A big "thanks!" to Marietta & Roxy who shared with us one of J.Crew's latest emails. The email announces that the Fall 2009 Wedding & Parties Collection is now available to preview by appointment at the Rockefeller Center store (in NYC). Just call Kate at (212) 765-4227.

"Thanks!" also to kjcorbett & ms. mindless (in this post) who let us know that a similar email was sent for those living near Georgetown (in Washington, D.C.). "Thanks!" to Cleo26 who shared the email that was sent (which is shown below). To make an appointment, call Theresa at (202) 965-4090.
As mentioned in a previous post ("J.Crew Wedding Trunk Show & More!"), J.Crew wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses are becoming available for preview at select J.Crew locations across the country.

Moreover, images showcasing all the styles for its Wedding & Parties Fall 2009 collection have been available to preview some time now (refer to the May 29th post, "J.Crew's Weddings & Parties Preview {lovely!}").

To find a J.Crew near you that offers wedding and bridesmaids gowns, check J.Crew's "Store Locator" page (click here), where you can find the category in the key called "wedding collection preview".

Happy {bridal} shopping!

10 comments:

  1. They are also having this event at the Georgetown store in Washington, DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same email for the preview at the Georgetown store. I got married in a J. Crew dress this summer and don't need a wedding dress, but I still want to go to see everything! I am going to drag an engaged friend along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I love how dreamy everything is in their bridal collection. I especially love how un-bridesmaid their bridesmaid dresses are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OT: Regarding JCrew heels/pumps.

    I love and have many of J Crew heels & I've also noticed that the lining in the heels are always coming undone. It's happened to many of my heels. I hate that they are cheaply made.

    I'm wearing my Greer Heels today for the first time & have only been wearing them for 2 hours and already the lining is sliding on the right heel.

    Does this happened to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did anyone notice that several of the dresses only come in 3 sizes, like 4, 6, and 8? If you are not one of those sizes and you want the dress, will they make one for you or are you out of luck?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this email too because I used to live in DC. Just be warned: if this is anything like the set up in Chicago, to preview the dresses you have to BUY them first. Try them on at the store and then return them if you aren't interested. That's so messed up in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The preview is also available at the Atrium in Chestnut Hill -- Joan, 617-332-0122.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From weddings to babies. I am pregnant and hate maternity clothes and usually try to get normal clothes that I could potentially wear after being pregnant. I have a white summer dress, two l/s vnecks, some tanks, pants (too big after the fact) and skirts that got me through the last pregnancy wiht Jcrew. I was curious about the dressier jersey dresses that have a higher/empire waist, if anyone has them and thinks they would accomodate a large belly, if even for a little while. I also saw the Monterey skirt (I was just in the sale section) and thought that may work as well. Any opinions on fake maternity clothes from JCrew?

    ReplyDelete
  9. marisa,
    Not pg yet, but hoping for #3 and had the same thought about the Monterey skirt and jersey dresses. Both run large, so I sized 2 up in Monterey and 1 up in jersey dresses when they were way marked down at my B&M. Hoping I have a chance to wear the larger sizes! I think the dresses might work for early on and post-baby, but the hem will get all crazy when one is really big. The skirts are elastic waist and could go under the belly

    ReplyDelete
  10. denise, the funny thing is, I have been to so many weddings where the bridesmaids wore JCrew that now I have the opposite reaction - JC dresses look so bridesmaid. But totally agree, they are adorable and so much better than what's available in bridal shops.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)