Thursday, August 27, 2009

J.Crew Crewmutts ...No More

Remember J.Crew's line for dogs, called Crewmutts? (If you don't, refer to the post "Does your dog wear J.Crew too?".)

Well it looks like J.Crew officially discontinued the line this year. Although, I could not find any more information beyond that. It was probably a smart business move for J.Crew to cut the canine division. I am assuming they rather focus on their more profitable clothing collections for adults.

Although I thought the line was super-cute, I also thought it was super expensive (like $75 for a dog raincoat shown in the image above). I also saw some of the items first-hand at a sample sale and wasn't too impressed for the price points. For example, the dog sweaters (that originally retailed for $58) were super itchy. I couldn't imagine a dog wearing one of them comfortably. On a bright note, for those who own some Crewmutts items... they are collector's items now! :)

Are you surprised by Crewmutts discontinuation? Do you think this is a smart or foolish move? Did you own any items? :)

5 comments:

  1. I've never bought anything from Crewmutts, but I will miss the CUTE pictures of puppies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bought a collar and leash set once, but it was too big for my doggie. i will miss it though! it was very high priced, though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a couple of the collars. They were very well made and really sturdy. I also bought a leash, but returned it because it arrived broken! I think discontinuing this line is a good call for the Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics of the doggies were sooo cute! I remember back in the day JCrew used to sell underwear. I think I might still have a bra set or two somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have an argyle sweater and a polo shirt from J.Crew for one or our dogs. They are so cute, although not the most practical. When we put them on the dog, everyone fawns all over him and he gets a little self-conscious. Probably thinks we are nuts for dressing him up like that.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)