Tuesday, August 18, 2009

J.Crew Jacket Featured in Teen Vogue

"Thanks!" to Elyssa who was kind enough to not only let us know that J.Crew was featured in the recent Teen Vogue magazine, but also scanned the image for us to view. To view the image larger, click here or on the image itself.

The J.Crew item is a tweed jacket and retails for $325. It looks to be a three-quarter sleeve, non-fitted jacket –but I cannot tell for certain. This appears to be a new item, yet to be released online and is probably an "upcoming Fall" item.

I am liking the tweed and the color (of various reds and oranges). Although, I am curious about the shape. This is definitely one of those jackets I have to try on in-person. ;)

Side Note: Dear J.Crew, I would love to see some fitted jackets for Fall. Like the Lexington & Bella Jackets from previous seasons. :)

What are your thoughts on the jacket? Do you like (or dislike) this jacket's shape, fabric, overall style? What are you hoping to see for Jackets, in the next Fall roll out?

Mini Update: J.Crew updated their website with new Fall arrivals on August 20th and this jacket is one of them. (yey!) It is the: Blushed Tweed Collier Jacket (Item 17346; $325.00)

9 comments:

  1. I like red/orange tweeds too & have some that I will pull out this fall. Because the model is wearing the jacket draped, I wonder if the fit/cut is bad on the jacket. Of course, she may be just too tiny to make it look good.

    TTYL,
    Carole
    sasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm....anybody know any teenagers that can afford a $325 tweed coat?? The teenagers I know are shopping H@M or F21 and are very happy with cheap, disposable clothing that lasts for a year (if they are lucky)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasyone: I know what you mean! It's hard to tell the fit of the jacket but the tweed does look nice. :)

    Iwish4jcrew: LOL! I totally thought the same thing about the average teenager (& even myself) affording a $325 tweed jacket (not even winter coat). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this jacket was at gsp, paramus way back in late july really pretty. think its gone now

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors and the idea, but I'm not sure how well it would really fit. I don't think you would be able to see any body shape beneath it. It's almost cape like in that respect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors, they just scream fall to me. Like the sleeve detail a lot, too. If it weren't fitted enough, I would just go with matchstick jeans and a fitted tee/turtleneck/sweater. Add this to my list (to stalk for a later sale, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I wonder if the amazing, sparkly pins come with the jacket or if they're sold separately (or not even J. Crew at all!)...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove tweed, especially with brighter, more vibrant colors. However, I won't be able to afford this unless it goes on sale.

    Alexis: I'm with you on the fitted jackets. This one looks really slouchy and boxy.

    iwish4jcrew: I had the same thought when I saw this! When I was in high school, I will admit that my parents bought all of my clothing, and they would have grounded me if I even brought up getting a $325 jacket! yah right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI, the pins aren't J.Crew:

    The top one is by R.J. Graziano, $95, and the bottom is by Sequin, $155.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)