Thursday, May 13, 2010

J.Crew Cardigan Spotted in Marie Claire!

A big "thanks!" to Desert Flower, who not only let us know about a J.Crew item being spotted in the latest issue of Marie Claire, but also scanned the image for us to view! (Click on the image to see it larger.)

The item featured is the Argyle V-neck Cotton Cardigan (Item 25625; $78.00) in "Beechwood Kiwi Seamist". Um, how adorable is the name of the color!?! Loves it!

J.Crew describes this top as "Sporty-chic defined: a classic menswear-inspired print with raglan sleeve detailing and exposed seams in a cropped, fitted silhouette and tons of fun summer colors. Cotton. V-neck. Three-quarter sleeves. Hits at hip."

I love the argyle design, but not sure about the cropped silhouette. Too bad this is online/catalog only.

Slightly related, this cardigan looks a lot like J.Crew's Featherweight Cashmere Argyle Sweater from last Winter (refer to this post over at "A Bigger Closet").

What are your thoughts on the cardigan featured? Do you own this cardigan? If so, please share! :)

6 comments:

  1. I loooove the leather cargo skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirts, love the sweaters, but the whole look is my mom circa 1958. Not happening! LOL

    I was in my local Cole Haan store the other day and they do have a pair of classic penny loafers that are calling my name. But I won't be wearing them with a retro outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of argyle, but I already have two (pink and yellow) adorable cotton argyle cardis I bought at Talbots a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cute but not my style. I don't do yellow or bright citron colors well on my skin tone.

    Yes, I don't like how they styled this model. Looks very sloppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are these outfits for summer? Very dreary for summer, if so. The model looks like someone playing the part of the naughty teacher in an S&M game. (Not that I would know anything about that sort of thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meredith...LOL...that was the best. Thanks for the laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)