Monday, September 12, 2011

Cardmember Email: Just for Cardmembers: our newest (and plushest) cashmere sweater

"Thanks!" to Irina, who shared with us the email J.Crew sent to its card members last Thursday. (Sorry for not posting this sooner!)

The email above features the not-yet-officially-released-online Chunky Cashmere Crewneck Sweater (Item 35143; $325.00). J.Crew describes this Fall arrival as:
Pure cashmere bliss. Meet our plushest cashmere sweater ever, with a luxe chunky knit and wide-ribbed detailing for a touch of texture. Spun from Supersoft, luxurious Italian cashmere from a world-famous mill in the foothills of Piedmont (it's considered the very best of the best). In a 3-gauge knit. Crewneck. Long sleeves. Hits at hip. Import. Dry clean.
It looks so comfortable! The Heather Fern shade is just darling for Fall too.

And of course, this means that new arrivals are once again around the corner this week!

What are your thoughts on the Chunky Cashmere Crewneck Sweater? Do you like the style and shades of the sweater?

11 comments:

  1. I have been so disappointed with the quality of JCrew's cashmere (pilling issues) so many times that, as cute as the sweater looks, I'm going to pass, unless someone here submits a positive review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo soft and thick, I want. I will deal with de-pilling it after every wear... if I can get it for $60 at the clearance store, LOL. That's about all JCrew Cashmere is worth. I too have been disappointed many times by the cashmere and other sweaters :( But it is lovely.

    Then again, the one super overpriced cashmere collection piece I have, that weird cropped 3/4 sleeve poop brown sweater from Fall 2008 (which I love in spite of its cropped poop-ness, and found in a warehouse sale for $20,) has not pilled AT ALL. So maybe the pricier items are also higher quality cashmere? But that just sounds too logical for J.Crew...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any sense on when October rollouts will be? Is this sneak peek a sign?

    ReplyDelete
  4. $ 325 ?? I have a 3-ply J Crew cashmere crew-neck from 2004 that still looks as good as new, and it is incredibly thick and warm. But I know I paid less than $200 for it because I'm a cheapskate! So $300 for something that may have the same quality as more recent Crew cashmere -- that is, not great -- is plain crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When J. Crew's cashmere used to be the gold standard, I'd say this one would be a must. Now? I think I'd have to see it in person and especially try it on. Lately their cashmere pieces have been beyond itchy and not very durable at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I thought I was the only one shocked by the price tag. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really expensive, maybe when it hits the sale section!
    It's true that the quality of the cashmere these days is so inconsistent. Remember when a cashmere sweater in your closet was a rare commodity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't spend $300 an item at JCrew. I do that at high end stores. Sound cynical, but we all know, quality is not there, and I am sad to see over this past year how high prices have been pushed. To me it is "keeping up with the market" but the quality has not kept up to warrant the extra cost. I mean, plain cotton shirts are bordering on $100 a piece now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of this sweater--why don't J. Crew make more crewneck cashmere sweaters, not the silly t-shirt ones for winter? But the price is insane--it shouldn't be over $200-220. I'd get them both at that price but until/if it goes on sale, I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone is dishing out the big bucks for this sweater, it's sold out in most sizes and colors with the exception of a Medium in the heather twig!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)