"Thanks!" to many of you, including Leah, CMG, FirefighterWife, Sandra, as well as JCrewGal (in this post), who let us know that the JCA's "Cece is Back at J.Crew! Well, is it?" post was mentioned in a few articles:
- StyleCaster "Customers are Accusing J.Crew of Cutting Corners on Quality"
- Refinery29 "J.Crew's Shoppers Are Not So Happy About This "Good News"
- KPopStarz "Is J. Crew Cutting Corners With New Cece Leather Ballet Flats? Customers Notice Changes In Discontinued Shoe But Price Stays The Same"
- Business Insider "Customers Accuse J.Crew Of Selling Lower Quality Shoes For The Same Price"
- DailyMail "J.Crew is accused of cutting corners on new shoe quality - while keeping prices the same"
- Racked "Is J.Crew Cutting Corners on New Shoe Quality?"
The comment section from the DailyMail is definitely worth reading. Many readers were not surprised that a retailer would cut costs/corners by reducing the quality. However, there were quite a number of comments discussing the recent quality direction of J.Crew. I wonder if J.Crew's decision to change up the Cece will impact their bottom line...
Personally, I am disappointed by the move. I wanted to see the exact same Cece from last year being offered this year. The same quality, the same fit, the same everything. As I mentioned before, when I saw the new Cece in person, they looked different. Sigh. Well, on a bright note, the new Cece is still better than the Emma Flat. ;)
Are you excited about Cece's return to J.Crew? Did you think J.Crew was going to bring them back with the premise they were still made in Italy?