Friday, July 23, 2010

J.Crew Spotted in InStyle Magainze

A big "thanks!" to Desert Flower, who not only let us know about a few J.Crew & Madewell items being spotted in the August issue of InStyle, but also scanned the images for us to view! (Click on the image to see it larger.)

The page on the left shows J.Crew's Linen Silk-Pocket Cardigan (Item 25772; $88.00, now $49.99). J.Crew describes this cardigan as:
A design darling made of light and airy linen with unexpectedly refined pockets fashioned from silk habotai and real shell buttons (both dyed to match), this statement sweater is destined to be a weekend bag necessity—because it looks spectacular with absolutely everything. V-neck. Long sleeves. Hits below hip. Import. Dry clean.
The cardigan is pretty "meh" for me. It seems way too long and it's a bit too see-through for my liking.

The page on the right shows the Boys' Thomas Mason® Fabric Shirt in Classic White (Item 14345; $78.00). J.Crew describes this shirt from Crewcuts as:
Precision-tailored in two-ply Italian cotton fabric from the Thomas Mason mill in England, weaver of premier shirting since 1796. It's the same quality we use for our men's collection. Finished with our own bespoke-inspired signature details, like genuine mother-of-pearl buttons. Point collar. Part of the Crewcuts Collection. Import. Machine wash. Available in select stores.
I love that the stylists from InStyle decided to literally "borrow from the boys"— and they do mean boys! ;) Good for them as it is a whole lot cheaper than the adult version! :)

What are your thoughts on the cardigans featured? Do you like the partnership with Mason? If so, please share! :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for scanning the images Desert Flower! :)

    Not a fan of J.Crew's linen-silk blend, but I do like both of the outfits featured on the page with the white button-down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but it really annoyed me that they used a crewcuts item in this layout.

    I usually wear a 2 in most J Crew camis and shirts (and that is mainly to get room for my curvy hips). My bust measurement is 32" and I am just under 5'4" and small framed and there is no way I could actually wear most of the boy's shirts and really be comfortable and be presentable. I have tried them (both tees and button fronts) and they are not cut for most grown women. I am sure that there are many petite women that the larger crecut sizes will fit just fine, but general, I am not interested in clothing that is cut for childrens' bodies being presented as realistic options in a layout for a grown woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They used Crewcut? How ridiculous indeed! Are they just trying to market their new "sleeping with" name brand. Bad, bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with those who don't like the idea of using children's clothes as suggestions for adult women. WTH?

    I do not like the side-opening pockets on the J.Crew cardigan. This just looks goofy and is very impractical.

    I like the Madewell and Burberry cardis shown. The ribbed Lutz & Patmos version for $235 looks a lot like J.Crew's older perfect-fit cardis, which I totally love. The newer perfect-fit cardis seem to have pieced banding at the bottom, which is different than the folded hem of the older versions. Anyone try the new ones, particularly the mixed-tape cardi? Would love to know how they fit, there sure are some lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly thought that Crewcuts reference was a mistake when I scanned that page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thin cardis snag too easily, don't like....but I LOVE the Etienne Aigner Hyde Satchel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own the women's Thomas Mason tuxedo shirt, and though it is a pretty penny at $150, it has been worth it for me: the cut and lean length are perfect.
    I know for certain the boys version would be too short and uncomfortable, I would never be able to wear that all day. Not sure why they didn't just use the women's version of this shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)