Friday, July 9, 2010

J.Crew Email: Straight from Jenna's desk

"Thanks!" to Marietta, Desert Flower, & Twiga, who let us know about another email J.Crew sent out today.

The email above features the not-yet-officially-released-online Monza racing jacket (Item 29779; $595.00). J.Crew describes this Fall bad-*ss jacket as:
Inspired by the slim cut and buttery feel of a vintage Italian racing jacket, this chic adaptation was crafted in hand-washed Italian leather and is fitted and flattering in all the right places. But it's the design details—a distressed finish, chunky button-flap pockets and rib trim—that make it truly covetable. Rounded collar. Zip closure. Long sleeves. Fully lined. Hits at hip. Part of the J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean. Catalog/jcrew.com only.
It does look nice. But it is too hot to think about wearing such a jacket right now! (We are experiencing a bit of a heatwave in New England.) Right now, tank tops and shorts is all I can bear to look at. ;)

What are your thoughts on the jacket? Do you like the style? Will you get it?

14 comments:

  1. Now this I love. LOVE. But I'll wait it out, and if I can find one for $250 or less down the line, I'll snatch it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket is exactly like one I had in the 70's. Will not be repeatings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty cute but I definitely cannot afford it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - just what I've been looking for since I don't want to get a full motorcycle jacket for fall. But the price is a bit prohibitive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, they went a whole description without using obsessed or effortlessly!

    Curiously, none of these e-mails are making their way to me....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this jacket, but I'm worried that the sleeves will be too long for me.... doesn't appear to be offered in petite sizes. :-(

    I'm super excited by the FS on any amount through 7/18.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed with Desert Flower. Looks Wilsons to me esp with the big pockets. Not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a jacket like this 6 years ago at the Goodwill for $8. Real leather too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you notice where the pockets hit on the mannequin - right beneath the bust.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am confused . Is this the same jacket that is show in picture number 2 of the fall lookbook, because the pockets surely look smaller in that picture. Can someone help ? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does anyone know the make and name of the lovely yellow blazer worn by Jenna Lyons in the snap?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking for a leather jacket for fall, but I don't care for the big pockets. I bought an amazing hooded, sherpa lined leather jacket a couple years ago that I love, but it's quite warm. I want a lighter weight leather jacket for days that aren't so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, it's like half the price of the Belstaff... which is a good thing! I want to try it on, then see.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)