Over at Travel + Leisure, they have an interesting slideshow (click here to view) of items J.Crew's Jenna Lyons considers her vacation "must haves".
Packing Tips From J.Crew's Creative Director
When she heads for the beach, J.Crew creative director Jenna Lyons keeps it light.
By Clark Mitchell
From February 2009
For this 18-year J.Crew veteran, there’s no place like Turks and Caicos to unwind with her two-year-old son, Beckett, and husband, artist Vincent Mazeau. It comes as no surprise that Lyons packs a lot of J.Crew—she designs with her lifestyle in mind. Here, her vacation bag must-haves....
Once you click on the slideshow link (click here to view), you can see her choices including the following text:
- “The sherbet colors of these jacquard pants and gauzy cover-up [on the next slide] are part of my new J.Crew collection, which was inspired by the pale-hued houses in Turks and Caicos.”
- Sherbet-colored gauzy cover-up
- “I never have time to read, except on the beach—right now, the book I’m carrying is In an Instant by Lee and Bob Woodruff.”
- “We created this raffia hat to collapse for easy packing.”
- “My everyday watch: a Rolex gold-band Oyster bracelet.”
- “I’m drawn to things that are timeless, like these Marni sunglasses.”
- “Our garment bag comes in bright colors and makes me happy when I’m on the road.”
- “I slather California Baby sunscreen all over myself and Beckett—it never washes off.”
- “The jersey Lomellina bikini uses a thick rubber strip rather than elastic in its waistband, so you can avoid the dreaded ‘muffin top’ effect.”
- “Metallic-gold J.Crew sandals are a great summer neutral."
- “Nothing sets off a light tan better than pink Bobbi Brown lip gloss.”
- “It’s meant for under your eyes, but I put Kiehl’s eye cream on my entire face, especially during a long flight.”