Friday, May 23, 2008

Would you wear it? The Printed Strapless Embossed Beach Dress

Printed strapless embossed beach dress
Color shown in picture: pinecone
(Item 94092)
Click here to visit product page
Regular: $118.00
Now: $69.99

Let me start off by saying that the dress in the navy color (navy with white polka dots) is quite nice. I also like the shape of the dress (I actually own both the solid black and solid white versions).

However, I am having a hard time liking the dress in the pinecone color. It seems too busy for me and a bit weird (in terms of fabric pattern). It almost looks like a snake skin design instead of "pine cones" (I am still not sure how they picked "pinecone" as the color name). Maybe (and I do mean maybe) the dress would work with a white cardigan (to minimize the impact from the dress pattern).

What do you think of the dress? Would you wear it? Do you own it?

7 comments:

  1. JCrew needs zoom for me to really get a close up view of the print. From what I can tell I don't like it. I would have to see it in person. I have this dress in white and deep rose. My sister has it in brown. Great style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree on the style & shape of the dress Jagjag2.

    I looked at the pattern and its full of dots (brown and white)- but from far away it looks like a snake skin pattern.

    You touch on a point that you actually brought up as a suggestion for J.Crew in another post: zoom in features. I like that J.Crew offers multiple views of items, but I would also look to zoom in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOPE, the print is ugly. I have the dress in madras patchwork and love it. This print is BAAAAAAAd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's rather cute! I'm not quite sure what the print is supposed to be, other than a design of polkadots and what looks like leaves, but I think the dress would look very nice with a bright solid-colored cardigan in blue, green, or yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the pics, I have to agree with Kirbydog that the print does not look great. However, it might be one of those dresses that does not photograph well. I am sure if I saw it in person, I might change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks pretty goofy online, but I've seen it in the store and I really like it -- and it's in the 20% off sale now, so I just may get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could see so many nice dresses here, I believe these all are very cool for the fashion-crazy girls like me. But wearing them with Bye Bra breast stickers is highly advantageous because this breast shaper gives a perfect shape to my breasts.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)