Exclusive First Look: Prabal Gurung for J. CrewTo see and shop Prabal Gurung's collection for J.Crew, click here. For more articles about this topic, check out:
May 18, 2011
As the sponsor of this year's CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, J. Crew is doing capsule collections with the three prizewinners (Billy Reid, Prabal Gurung, and Eddie Borgo). Tomorrow, their six-piece collaboration with Prabal Gurung launches online and in select stores. The collection consists of crisp cotton and white denim staples, embellished with unexpected details like asymmetrical lapels and oversized bows.
Our favorites include the ivory-colored denim blazer, which resembles poplin but will hold its shape better in humidity; meanwhile, the two dresses are sleek enough for work but could be dressed up for a summer wedding. More good news: It costs far less than the normal Prabal price points, ranging from $198 for a pair of pants trimmed with black ribbon to $450 for an white top bursting with intricate rose-shaped ruffles. Enjoy!
- StyleList: "Prabal Gurung for J.Crew"
- FashionEtc: "Prabal Gurung's J.Crew Collection - Sneak Peek"
- InStyle: "Lady Gaga Tops Forbes’ List, J. Crew’s New Designer Collection, and More!"
- Racked: "Prabal Gurung for J. Crew: Really Pretty and Available for Purchase"
- StyleCaster: "J.Crew and Prabal Gurung Join Forces to Adorable Results"
- Fashionista: "Prabal Gurung You Can Actually Afford: See the Designer's Collaboration For J.Crew"
What are your thoughts on Prabal Gurung's Collection for J.Crew? Did you already order something from his line? What is your favorite piece? Please share! :)