Thursday, February 14, 2013

JGIC Product Review: Come on J.Crew where is it?

A big "thanks!" to J.Crew Guy In Canada who is graciously reviewing Men's items from J.Crew with us. In this review, he looks at J.Crew's color selection for men:
It all started with a silly idea of getting a new one.  I had a great, soft wool v-neck sweater from Club Monaco in a pale powder blue.  It looked great and I wore it out, literally.  Sadly while it served me well it's gone on to a better place so I need a new one.  So J.Crew where is it?

Checked out cashmere options #85984; yeah there are fourteen different colours, none in that damn powder blue colour.  Looked over at my good friend merino #93735 and it was almost there in faded peri, but too washed out and not quite there.  I even tried cotton-cashmere, but nope not even close.  So how about it J.Crew, can you knit up a nice little v-neck for me in cashmere powder blue?

And while we're at it here are a few more things you need to make for me.  Everyone has or knows of the infamous J.Crew roll neck.  I've had one in a denim blue wool (who knows where that went?) and currently I have a wool one in an athletic grey, but what I really want is a roll neck in merino wool in some good colours, like a dark rich forest green and possibly a dark cream, say oatmeal.  Since you're knitting the cashmere one in powder blue you might as well make the roll neck in merino.

The Ludlow is almost perfect #18615.  But how many charcoal grey pairs does a guy need?  Currently I have three, I think I'm good, but I'd like some more colour options say a darb olive green, or a rich chocolate brown?  Besides most guys have navy and grey and may want a new colour too.

So thanks J.Crew, let me know when you you've finished stitching those up.
Another fantastic review! "Thanks!" again to J.Crew Guy In Canada for his in-depth look at the all these pieces!
 
What are your thoughts on J.Crew's color palette for Men? Do you own any of their more colorful sweaters? If so, please share with us your review. :)

4 comments:

  1. Too true. My husband now loves JCrew sweaters and I would buy him more but the colors are all too similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! Granted my husband is super picky about what colors he'll wear and he's not super in to brights but...we get sick of navy and shades of grey in our house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with shopmurphy! My husband would wear more JC if the bright colors would have a "faded" flavor to it which would make them more wearable..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear a lot of bright colored vneck sweaters but only one from JCrew which is turquoise in color. It's a slim fit in 95% cotton and 5% cashmere. It fits great and the sleeves are the right length. I'll definitely would buy again and look for a bright yellow because that's the only color I am missing from my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)