Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Product Review: Timex® Traveler Watch

Timex® Traveler Watch
Click here for product page
Item 37301
Regular: $98.00
Sale: $78.00

J.Crew describes it as the following:
Introducing our very first ladies' watch designed in collaboration with the iconic American watchmaker. Inspired by a 1960s wristwatch we found at an estate sale, it fuses vintage elements with world-class modern crafting. Featuring an unfussy yet feminine silver-tone case, a crisp analog dial and a cherry red arrow at the second hand (a rare vintage detail we adore), this is one you'll wear day after day, year after year. Brass and stainless steel watch case. Nylon strap with stainless steel hardware. Diameter of watch case: 25mm. Strap width: 12mm. Import. Timex is a registered trademark of Timex Group USA, Inc.
Earlier in the year, I mentioned how J.Crew's Timex watch for women caught my eye. (Refer to the January 25th "New Lady Watch from Timex For J.Crew" post.) I already own J.Crew's Timex Military Watch (Item 10884; $150.00), and could not justify another one... or could I? Yup, I can! I simply could not resist when the Timex Traveler Watch went on sale last week with an additional 30% off! (I think so many of us jumped to buy this watch because of the sale too.)

My watch has finally arrived and I have to say... loves it!!! I normally favor larger watches. However, this one is so pretty thanks to its beautiful design. Some might think the poly straps would make this watch look more casual. However, the diminutive size of the watch adds to its overall delicate nature, giving it a really chic feel.

Similar to the Timex Military Watch, the straps are interchangeable and too long (requiring it to be folded over and tucked). The original Timex comes with a black strap. However, the women's version includes an olive green strap– a perfect shade that will work with almost any outfit. The cherry red arrow on the second hand really pops on the watch too!

Overall, very pleased with this watch! I already ordered an additional Women's Watch Strap (Item 39298; $12.00; select colors $2.99), and plan to get a few more colors in the upcoming year.

The real life image above of the watch is from the Sincerely Sammie blog where she beautifully incorporates J.Crew's Timex® Traveler Watch with her outfits. Check out her "Mint Cherry" (where the above image was from) and the "Orange Crush" post to see more images of this watch! :)

What are your thoughts on the Timex® Traveler Watch? Do you own this watch? Have you tried it on at a store? Do you like this style? If so, please share with us your review. :)

8 comments:

  1. I have this watch as well, and I love it! It goes with everything, and is just so very cute. At first I couldn't justify the price, but I kept thinking about it for months!

    The second hand is a bit loud, but when I'm not wearing it I just put it face down and it's fine. I switched out the green strap for the poppy one. IRL the color is more red with a little bit of orange. Adds a bit more oomph to my more neutral outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I owe Josanne a huge thanks for mentioning that this watch was on sale in a thread last week. Mine is on order and should arrive next week. I'm glad to hear so many good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa, I have this watch, bought it in the spring when the leopard band came out - and I love it. I (gulp) ordered a second one on the sale! Just and FYI there are bins of bands for this on sale in the stores for 6.99 and I bought some last week with addl 30% and teacher discount 15% and they came out to about 4.00 each - they even had the leopard band (which retail $18.00)
    I'm addicted, as I have three other watches from JC. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is on the way as well! Excited about the purchase because it was such a great deal with the extra 30% off. I was considering it for a long time but had to jump when I saw the discount. I ordered the calf hair strap as well. Glad it's such a hit with other JCA's! Thanks again to Kristin for her post which alerted me to it being added to sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS WATCH! I have a sickness for collecting different bands. I have like 8 different colors. I don't really like the hot pink one - too neon.
    It is a great watch to layer/stack with other bracelets. It is just the right size. It is easy to read the time on it as well.
    Are you kidding? They have poppy and leopard print? I NEED them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own this watch and I love it. Despite seeming like a more casual watch, I usually have no problem wearing it with dressier attire. I have two extra straps as well, although I am ashamed to admit that I have been too lazy to switch them out. Maybe I will do so for the holiday tomorrow. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm concerned how small this watch is. Can you give me an idea? The size of a quarter?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got my watch today. The crystal is 3/4" and the outside bezel measurement is 1". I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)