Thursday, August 5, 2010

J.Crew Spotted In Lucky!

"Thanks!" to Closet Crisis (check out her great "One Too Many Closets" blog), who let us know about J.Crew items being spotted over at Lucky (click here).

The page features a suit from J.Crew— the Superfine Cotton Nouvelle Jacket (Item 21324; $178.00) with the Superfine Cotton Cropped Trouser (Item 22611; $108.00; now $59.99)—in a crisp light shade of White. They also share the following:
Getting It Right: Pantsuits & Sandals

* A LIGHT-COLORED SUIT with clean, simple lines gets you that crisp end-of-summer look. The trousers are key here: They should be tapered and cropped just above the ankle in order to showcase the shoes (and so that the hems don't catch on them when you walk).

* CHOOSE FLAT LEATHER SANDALS with wide straps. Their earthy quality is a cool counterpoint to the suit's sharp tailoring.

* FOR THE BLOUSE, stick to a soft button-down: The unconventional choice of footwear makes enough of a statement on its own.
The suit looks great, yet the sandals still don't work. I know the point of the article is to say one could pull the look off, I just don't think one can. I think ballet flats, heels, open toe flats, or open toe heels are much better options. On the other hand, I do think a pair of capri sandals would look great with a suit jacket and suit skirt (but not pants). That is just me. :)

What are your thoughts on the suit featured? Do you like wearing sandals with suits ? If so, please share us your technique (in terms of styling)! :)

13 comments:

  1. Those sandals with that suit is a positively tragic combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the people at Lucky lost their minds a few years ago.

    Sometimes,(usually) Earthy and Tailored do not combine into anything cool. I am sooo over them LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, so it looks like the J. Crew website is having problems, at least for me. All I'm getting is a message that reads "Error: JSP_EXECUTION_FAILED". Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC suits are great but I agree, not liking the styling here with the sandals. I would have styled it with some tortoise peep toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More new arrivals online... and some promos on stuff from the last rollout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new arrivals. I like the cashmere slouchy sweater. It looks comfy on a cold day! Not sure which color yet but I will def. be purchasing the velvet schoolboy blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a modern Californian man to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the sandals are well made with a decent thickness to the sole I really like this look. I would like it better with a striped tee instead of the blouse. Alas, if only it was warm enough to wear sandals where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this overall look...the sandals really look great IMO:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. at first glance I thought, "how fresh", but upon further review "how sloppy". a pair of heels or a good pair of flats forces you into better posture. this pair of sandals would make me slouch like the model thus wrecking the whole point of wearing a suit, which is to appear sophisticated and put together. I sound like my mother, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely detest suits + sandals. I constantly see women schlepping around Manhattan in their business suits and flip flops. I don't know what they're thinking. I don't care how comfortable they feel; the combination looks ridiculously sloppy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)