Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Behind the Scenes with Frank


"Thanks!" to Ross, Fidel, & J.Crew Guy In Canada, who shared the following behind-the-scenes video of J.Crew Men’s Designer Frank Muytjens. As mentioned in previous posts, he was recently recognized as one of GQ magazine's Best American Menswear Designers 2010.

From the GQ site (click here):
Behind the Scenes: J.Crew
By GQ
Video by Gordon Steiner
March 11, 2010

The last in our series of studio visits, today our video features menswear designer Frank Muytjens, a 2010 Best New Designer in America finalist whose updated looks revitalized the no-longer-just-preppy J.Crew.
What are your thoughts on the video? Do you like the direction that Frank is taking the Men's Collection at J.Crew?

5 comments:

  1. i think jcrew men's clothing is getting better and better each season...so timeless and even more so than the women's clothing.

    i also like that denim shirt frank is wearing in the video. guys always look so good in denim...i'm so happy it's the trend right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I've said previously...I really wish they would let Frank design for the women. I love what he's done with the men's line...they are SO lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wearing the denim shirt Frank's wearing the video today. Great detailing and very well constructed.

    I really do like what he's doing with the men's line, very current and right on trend.

    That being said he will be under some pressure as LE Canvas and LL Bean Signature are coming on strong on a very similar market.

    I plan to order from the Signature line this week, they really have a good looking selection on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with FFM...I like Frank M.'s design inspirations far more than Jenna's, but I think it's a personal taste thing. I'm far more into comfort than "girly frill".

    I do find it funny that the guy standing next to Frank is wearing the classic LLBean Norwegian sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Frank's designs and I also wish he designed for women.

    JCew Guy, please give us a review of your LLBean Signature items when you receive them. I'm interested to hear if their new line is as nice as the Lands' End Canvas line, which I'm wearing right now.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)