Monday, March 19, 2012

Style Guide by J.Crew {April 2012}

A big "thanks!" to Kittywitty who shared the following news with us:
...Just wanted to pass along in case you or your readers don’t already know ... that J Crew is coming out with a printed “Style Guide.” I saw an “ad” for it in the fitting room yesterday. The cover of the guide looks like a catalog. The model Heloise Guerin is on the cover and under her picture it reads “Style Guide.” The date on the cover reads April 2012. The ad said something like “Ask for your complimentary copy.” So, I did of course and the SA didn’t even know what I was talking about LOL. She had to ask a manager and the manager said they were getting them soon. ...
Very cool to offer a printed style guide! I can't wait to see what it will showcase and what advice & styling tips it will offer.

P.S. Too funny that J.Crew makes stores put up an ad to ask for an item that is not yet available! ;)

Have you seen the ad for the Style Guide? Have you already received your complimentary copy? If so, please share! :)

12 comments:

  1. I got my "complimentary" copy already from my local J.Crew store. It's just the catalog renamed as a "Style Guide". I can try to scan in copies if you guys really want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG--It's just the catalog?? I thought it was something *new* and different. Geez, I feel like an ass. LOL You'd think when the SA asked the manager about it she would have said it's just the April catalog!! They made it sound like it was something special. Sorry everyone (esp. Alexis who I emailed!)! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's that darn orange bag I coveted that the doggone company didn't even bother to offer to customers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will the bag be a later offering, I wonder?

      Delete
    2. I wish, but I called when I received the spring look book only to be told JCrew decided not to offer it. It's such a tease to continue recycling that image.

      Delete
    3. That bag is the brompton hobo in vibrant coral.. although online the color looks more dull, I have seen the bag in real life and it is absolutely that bag http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/handbags/leatherbags/PRDOVR~29063/99102072603/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~brompton/29063.jsp

      Delete
  4. No worries. It is just the catalog. I skimmed through it last night, and didn't notice anything "uncatalog-like", but I'll check again once I'm home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...this struck me as funny! Yes, that is exactly what the catalog is becoming....a style guide. Given the current ridiculous prices and quality issues, I often shop elsewhere to get the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabrina: LOL! That is hysterical! (A catalog with a new cover, does not make it a style guide. Although I do use it as one.) Thanks for letting us know. :)

    KittyWitty: Thanks for sharing! Otherwise we would not have known about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CMG, I'm sad about that bag too. I emailed my personal shopper as soon as it came out in a the spring lookbook and asked about it. She said the same thing, that it wasn't going to be produced after all. They really should take it out of their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it's just the April catalogue! I forgot to ask when I was in the b&m yesterday (I saw a poster advertising the style guide) and I was kicking myself all the way home.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)