Wednesday, March 7, 2012

J.Crew Factory Email: A little mid-week chic: up to 30% off spring styles

"Thanks!" to Irina, who shared the following email from J.Crew.

J.Crew Factory (click here to shop online) is open and they are offering up to 30% off their latest arrivals.

As JCAs know... if you live near a Factory Store, check them out first. The B&M Factory Stores tend to have better promotions and sale prices.

Also, "thanks!" to Sabrina, who shared the following:
I was at my J.Crew store... and the manager informed me that J.Crew retail stores can accept ONLINE returns from J.Crew factory stores. I thought this would be helpful to those of us who order from Factory online, but don't actually have a Factory B&M nearby to make returns. He said that the J.Crew associates at the... store had no idea either as corporate had never informed them, but they tried it on request from a customer and it worked! So heads up to everyone! ...
I think this is great news! Frankly, I never understood why retail stores could not accept Factory items in the first place. I know that they often accept returns (from regular J.Crew online) that has to be sent back to warehouse instead of being put out on the floor. And since Factory items are going to the same warehouse/ address as regular J.Crew, why not accept all items at J.Crew stores?

Lastly, I am not sure all stores know about this. I just called one of my local stores and I was told they could not process returns for Factory store items. It might be worth a shot going in-person and trying it out. :)

What are your thoughts on J.Crew's Factory offerings? Will you check them out?

6 comments:

  1. The ability to return factory to the regular stores is great news. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would looove it if I could return to retail. We'll see if that really happens though. Would be so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..I am wondering if this is true?? If so, it is a very new concept and would be most welcomed:) Last I knew, my stores' computers had the capability but it would mess up their "books" as the stores and factory are run on separate inventory systems. "They are treated independently but they will ship stuff back free of charge."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I tried one time to return a factory item at my b&m and was told quite emphatically that they don't take factory returns and there was no mention made of any free shipping back to the warehouse from the store. I'm going to try again next time I get a factory item that I need to return. I admit I'm alot less likely to try factory items b/c shipping back is a PITA and an extra expense. I hope it's true that the stores will now take factory returns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jruby18. I am not inclined to try J'Crewlet items given the mail return policy. If this is true, it's good news. Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for sharing that 20% coupon, Alexis :). I just might take a drive before it expires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fyi, I posted reviews of the Factory stripe cardi and the polka dot Gathered Tank yesterday here. Both are super cute -- two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)