Thursday, February 4, 2010

J.Crew's Frank Muytjens in the News (& us in his closet!)

"Thanks!" to J.Crew Guy In Canada, as well as Robin (in this post), who shared a post over at the Mister Crew Blog (click here) that features J.Crew's Frank Muytjens.
Frank Muytjens in Free & Easy
By R.A. Schenck
Published: January 29, 2010

Not paying much attention to this month’s issue of Free & Easy, StartWithTypewriters had to point out to me that there was a cool section in it on Frank Muytjens, VP of menswear design at J.Crew. The eight page spread shows off some of his favorite pieces from his wardrobe and home, and besides the obvious J.Crew stuff there were some surprising things listed.
To view all the images that are in the magazine spread, click here.

I am a big fan of Mr. Frank's work. Although, I do *not* think the image of him that is used in this article is his best one. So I have gone ahead and included one of his better pictures (shown to the right), where I think it more accurately represents his J.Crew-inspired style. :)

What are your thoughts on the items selected for the article? Do you like or dislike any of his selections? Are you a fan of Frank Muytjens' style?

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like all his stuff. I'm surprised that his bicycle is so nice and simple and not overly quirky and vintagey.

    Is no. 11 the white version of the Timex military watch that's been rumored for this spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that Frank Muytjens is the designer working for J.Crew. While Jenna gets more press I feel that Franl's work is more consistent and balanced.

    I'm wearing the denim ulitity shirt today and it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that's the same guy! He cleans up pretty good. His stuff is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muytjens is doing a great job. My bf has definitely taken more notice of jc items lately (without me forcing them on him, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, if I saw this guy on the street, dressed like the mag photo, the last thing I would think is that he is a designer. Not that he needs to trend it up but he does seem a bit disheleved.

    The mens line may be getting a bit more fitted but overall they are staying closer to the preppy roots than the womens line and doing very well at that. I like the fitted look after all the baggy and giant-jeans looks over the past decade.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)